Submit a patch
You've changed or added one or more lines of code and it improved Aimeos, fixed a problem or it simply looks better now? Great! Every line counts and we want to integrate them into the code base.
Aimeos is developed on GitHub publicly and everybody is invited to contribute every improvement:
- Create a GitHub account if you don't have one already
- Go to the Aimeos repository that contains the code you've improved
- Fork your own copy (the "Fork" button in the upper right corner).
If you've changed only a single or a few lines, you can edit the file in the GitHub editor directly and commit it to a separate branch. Then, click on the green button in the repository root and create a pull request. For bigger changes you should clone a local copy of your forked repository. There's some nice documentation available how to work with GitHub.
Report a bug
You've found one of those nasty little bugs that prevents you application from running as expected? Time to call the bug hunter! Only a dead bug is a good bug!
We appreciate any bug report if you don't know how to fix the problem yourself (in this case sending a patch is even better). Each code repository on Github contains an issue tracker too. You can find the link in the repository root at the right side named "Issues".
- Click on the green button "New issue"
- Enter a descriptive headline
- Describe the problem, what versions of the software you are using and how to reproduce the problem.
The more details you provide, the faster we can fix the problem. Descriptions like "It doesn't work!" won't let us find the bug for sure ;-)