New versions of the Aimeos e-commerce library and its application/framework integrations are released on a quarterly base.
In the beginning of each year, a new major version will be available with a three month beta and a six month stabilization phase. Afterwards, the latest stable version will be supported for one year free of charge and there's the option to buy extended support for another four years.
The major versions will contain code cleanups and reorganizations and aren't backward compatible with previous releases. During the stabilization phase, only features will be added that aren't likely to break backward compatibility to working code. For LTS and extended LTS version, bugfixes and security patches will be available.
We recommend to use the stable releases for production and upgrade to the LTS version after it has been released.
|Long term support (LTS)|
|Commercial extended LTS support|
- NoSQL database support
- Add update method for products/services/addresses to basket and new events
- Simplify and optimize product CSV import
- Pass supplier code to addProduct() of basket controller
- Hand over basket to summary options template
- Move product special price option to price item
- Reorder customer item constructor parameters
- Replace HTML client catalog count/stock by JSON REST API
- Add scalar type to order product/service attributes to allow internationalization
- Implement getConfigValue() method in \Aimeos\MShop\Common\Item\Config\Iface
- Allow saving products using the index manager
- Rewrite JSON Admin API for NoSQL systems
- Provide Blade/Fluid/Twig templates for the HTML clients
- Use document oriented way to store unit test data
- Clean up and simplify unit test data
- Unifiy TestHelper classes in extensions
- Market place for extensions
- Drupal integration
- Wordpress integration
- Frontend editing