New versions of the Aimeos e-commerce library and its application/framework integrations are released on a quarterly base.
In the beginning of each year, a new major version will be available with a three month beta and a six month stabilization phase. Afterwards, the latest stable version will be supported for one year free of charge and there's the option to buy extended support for another four years.
The major versions will contain code cleanups and reorganizations and aren't backward compatible with previous releases. During the stabilization phase, only features will be added that aren't likely to break backward compatibility to working code. For LTS and extended LTS version, bugfixes and security patches will be available.
We recommend to use the stable releases for production and upgrade to the LTS version after it has been released.
|Long term support (LTS)|
|Commercial extended LTS support|
- Pass supplier code to addProduct() of basket controller
- Move product special price option to price item
- Allow adding properties to order base address entries
- Add scalar type to order product/service attributes to allow internationalization
- Allow saving products using the index manager
- Use product names in URLs only for better SEO
- Replace HTML client catalog count/stock by JSON REST API
- Add OpenGraph data to pages by default
- Move view model code to view helpers
- Use pre-configured attribute sets in product detail admin interface
- Allow reordering images/prices/texts in admin interface
- Simplify and optimize product CSV import
- Rewrite JSON Admin API for NoSQL systems
- Provide Blade/Fluid/Twig templates for the HTML clients
- Think about an interator based searchItems() method
- Use document oriented way to store unit test data
- Clean up and simplify unit test data
- Market place for extensions
- Drupal integration
- Wordpress integration
- Frontend editing