Aimeons Attributes type

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
traiyani75
Advanced

Aimeons Attributes type

Post by traiyani75 » 21 Nov 2019, 10:21

Hello,

We are using this system. And we are listing out demo products to test. But we have some confusion in admin.
1) In products -> characteristics . There are three different types of attributes
--> variant attribute
--> hidden attributes
--> attribute
So, what is the difference between them?

2) In products, We are showing types and we found one as "selection". In that, we can define variants of a product. Can you describe it bit ?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Aimeons Attributes type

Post by aimeos » 22 Nov 2019, 09:24

traiyani75 wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 10:21 1) In products -> characteristics . There are three different types of attributes
--> variant attribute
--> hidden attributes
--> attribute
So, what is the difference between them?
- Variant attributes should be used for articles of selection products to define the attribute combinations that specifiy an article uniquely. For example, T-Shirts usually have a "size" (Small, Medium, Large) and a "color" (Green, Blue, Red). Both are variant dimensions and each combination can be used to uniquely select an article:
  • Article 1: Small, Green
    Article 2: Small, Blue
    Article 3: Small, Red
    Article 4: Medium, Green
Attribute like "material" are no variant attributes if the T-Shirt always consists of cotton.

- Hidden attributes are attributes that are not shown in the frontend but stored along with the ordered product. They can be used for fulfillment or other purposes.

- Normal attributes describe a product, e.g. the T-Shirt is make of cotton and can be washed with 60°C. They are shown in the frontend and can be used to create facet filters (applies to variant attributes too).
traiyani75 wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 10:21 2) In products, We are showing types and we found one as "selection". In that, we can define variants of a product. Can you describe it bit ?
See the variant attribute example. Selection products are used to group variant articles together and in the frontend, in the detail view of each selection product, the variant attributes of the articles that belongs to the selection product are shown in drop-downs. If a custom selects a combination of variant attributes that describes an article uniquely (e.g. Small/Green), the customer can put that into the basket.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

traiyani75
Advanced

Post by traiyani75 » 23 Nov 2019, 06:53

Ok, Thanks for reply.

Now in selection type product. I have added one product call refrigerator.
In that i have added two variant with different images each. Now on frontend, when I choose my variant, it keeps showing me all images instead of showing only selected once. I am bit confused on that. How do i show my selected variant data only on selected variant.

traiyani75
Advanced

Post by traiyani75 » 23 Nov 2019, 07:09

I have another question too.
I have a single product, which is available in different size like big, medium and small. So, Do I need to create a product with type selection? Or, I can create a simple article type product too and give the option to choose, If yes then how to give choose option for an article.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 25 Nov 2019, 09:55

traiyani75 wrote: 23 Nov 2019, 06:53 Now in selection type product. I have added one product call refrigerator.
In that i have added two variant with different images each. Now on frontend, when I choose my variant, it keeps showing me all images instead of showing only selected once. I am bit confused on that. How do i show my selected variant data only on selected variant.
You are using the JSON REST API, right? Images of variants must be added to each variant product instead of the selection product.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 25 Nov 2019, 09:57

traiyani75 wrote: 23 Nov 2019, 07:09 I have a single product, which is available in different size like big, medium and small. So, Do I need to create a product with type selection? Or, I can create a simple article type product too and give the option to choose, If yes then how to give choose option for an article.
You should use a selection product and variants to have an unquie SKU and stock level for each product.
For additional elements which are not sold alone, you can also use a configurable attribute customers can choose from.

traiyani75
Advanced

Post by traiyani75 » 26 Nov 2019, 08:36

Thanks for the solution.
I have a doubt regarding variants.
Like an example:

we are selling shirts with different size
41, 42, 43, 44 and 45. Now, for that, we need to prepare variants for every size?
like then inside, there will be a color choice too. like saying, red, blue and green
so, if we do like that, every color with every size. It will need to create around 15 variants on that case.

Is it right ?

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 26 Nov 2019, 20:49

Yes, that's correct. Then you will have a SKU and a stock level for each unique variant.

traiyani75
Advanced

Post by traiyani75 » 28 Nov 2019, 12:12

Thanks for clearing it.

traiyani75
Advanced

Post by traiyani75 » 23 Apr 2020, 19:33

Hello, We have added hidden attributes, but why does it coming into the JSON API response.
How can we restrict it to come into API response? Or we need to manually checks on the response?