aimeos ecommerce - anyone got user experience?

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
rickkumar

aimeos ecommerce - anyone got user experience?

Post by rickkumar » 13 Apr 2019, 11:15

Hi guys,

So I've been given a project where I have to build multiple ecommerce sites, with the same database and admin page.

I'm pretty junior and this is the first e-commerce site I've built, and been told I'm allowed to choose whatever technologies I want as long as its scalable and will be happy with working with it long term.

I've been looking at different options, such as using a CMS like WordPress or Magento but also found aimeos which is a package for laravel.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: aimeos ecommerce - anyone got user experience?

Post by aimeos » 14 Apr 2019, 09:30

Just a few hints from our side:

- With Wordpress you will get a quick first success but it won't scale and you won't learn much as developer besides that Wordpress can be pretty messy
- Using Magento you will see how complicated software can be. It won't scale either but like Wordpress it's the most widely used system in its area
- Laravel is the most widely used PHP framework which is rather easy to learn and in combination with Aimeos you will get a system that can scale almost infinitely. Furthermore, you can learn a lot about flexible software design in Aimeos
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star