bookstore - authors

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
rrob

bookstore - authors

Post by rrob » 15 May 2020, 10:47

Hello,
Im making eshop for christian bookstore and Im looking for solution how to implement authors of books.

In the beginning I created cattegory with author name. But I dont know how to display this information in list/detail view, how to select just name from many categories associated with item.

Question no1 - cattegories in this case is probbaly wrong way, or did I miss some simple workaround?

Now Im using suppliers for book authors. We need them also in clickable list in menu, not as usual suppliers - multiple selectable chcekcbox in form but more like categories.
I want rebuild template supplier-body-standard.php to have same look and functions as categories in tree-partial-standard.php, replacing checkbox for simple <a links.
But supplires chekcboxs havent links, they are filtering items with some script.

Question no2 - Is there some simple way how to generate url for supplier, which contain all his products?

Thank you.

- aimeos 2019.10, fully updated Ubuntu enviroments, php7.2 -

aimeos
Administrator

Re: bookstore - authors

Post by aimeos » 17 May 2020, 09:14

rrob wrote: 15 May 2020, 10:47 Question no1 - cattegories in this case is probbaly wrong way, or did I miss some simple workaround?
Yes, suppliers are the best way to deal with authors for books.
rrob wrote: 15 May 2020, 10:47 Now Im using suppliers for book authors. We need them also in clickable list in menu, not as usual suppliers - multiple selectable chcekcbox in form but more like categories.
I want rebuild template supplier-body-standard.php to have same look and functions as categories in tree-partial-standard.php, replacing checkbox for simple <a links.
But supplires chekcboxs havent links, they are filtering items with some script.
This may be related to your next questions. There are no links because there's no component for product list by supplier yet. The suppliers in the catalog list view are only for filtering the products by supplier.
rrob wrote: 15 May 2020, 10:47 Question no2 - Is there some simple way how to generate url for supplier, which contain all his products?
No, not yet. There's no component yet that displays the products of a supplier even if the data is already there.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

rrob

Post by rrob » 17 May 2020, 09:22

aimeos wrote: 17 May 2020, 09:14 No, not yet. There's no component yet that displays the products of a supplier even if the data is already there.
Thank you for answer.
Please can you point me to the documentation which helps me with creating component for this?

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 17 May 2020, 09:35

Documentation can be found here:
https://aimeos.org/docs/Developers/Html ... components

You can also learn a lot from existing components:
https://github.com/aimeos/ai-client-htm ... alog/Lists

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 17 May 2020, 10:04

We would like to add a supplier list component to Aimeos too. If you can provide a pull request on Github, we will merge it into the core.

rrob

Post by rrob » 17 May 2020, 16:13

aimeos wrote: 17 May 2020, 10:04 If you can provide a pull request on Github, we will merge it into the core.
EDIT:
Great, submiting to Aimeos Core https://github.com/aimeos/ai-client-html/pull/94
Last edited by rrob on 17 May 2020, 16:24, edited 2 times in total.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 17 May 2020, 16:15

It's a HTML client component, so the repository is:
https://github.com/aimeos/ai-client-html