Changing Default Currency

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
mayor

Changing Default Currency

Post by mayor » 23 Jul 2015, 10:04

I am experiencing difficulty, trying to change the default currency of the Aimeos/Laravel store. The moment I change the currency to Philippine peso (PHP) from the current default Euro in the demo store. The price field goes blank and the product disappears in some cases. Don't know what I am doing wrong. I appreciate any suggestions pls. Thanks.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Changing Default Currency

Post by aimeos » 23 Jul 2015, 10:15

mayor wrote:I am experiencing difficulty, trying to change the default currency of the Aimeos/Laravel store. The moment I change the currency to Philippine peso (PHP) from the current default Euro in the demo store. The price field goes blank and the product disappears in some cases. Don't know what I am doing wrong. I appreciate any suggestions pls. Thanks.
Make sure you did the following things in the admin interface:
- Enable the currency (Philippine peso)
- Change the locale entry to use the language you want and Philippine peso as currency
- Add a price for Philippine pesos to your products

If products disappear if you sort by price, then the products are missing a price for that language.

mayor

Post by mayor » 23 Jul 2015, 10:34

Enable the currency (Philippine peso) --> Check/Enabled.
Change the locale entry to use the language you want and Philippine peso as currency --> Changed and done.
Add a price for Philippine pesos to your products --> Done.
I have done exactly this but still no changes. I am using the demo store, I changed the pictures and the names of products and that works fine. The price in PHP is still not showing.
When I change the currency of the item to Philippine peso, the particular item will not be displayed, but when i change it back to euro and refresh, it will display back the item.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 23 Jul 2015, 10:45

mayor wrote:When I change the currency of the item to Philippine peso, the particular item will not be displayed, but when i change it back to euro and refresh, it will display back the item.
Please make also sure that you save the products too after you've changed the prices. You can also rebuild the index manually to be absolutely sure that the index is up to date. In Laravel execute:

Code: Select all

php artisan aimeos:jobs catalog/index/rebuild
php artisan aimeos:cache

mayor

Post by mayor » 23 Jul 2015, 11:07

So I deleted all the other currencies and left only Philippine peso in the list of currency as the default and now it shows the item and its price. Thanks.