Delivery cost by vendor

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
traiyani75
Advanced

Delivery cost by vendor

Post by traiyani75 » 11 Jun 2020, 09:52

Hello, we are working on aimeos since long time. We need to update logic for delivery cost. Currently, it depends on product.
Can we set delivery cost base don individual vendor?

For example,
Let say, vendor 1 has two product ac1, and ac2
and vendor 2 has two product ac3 and ac4.

Now, vendor1 set delivery cost as 20$, and vendor2 set delivery cost as 30$.

So, now if I order 2-3 qty of ac1 and ac2 then total delivery cost will be 20$ only cause all products are coming from same vendor only. And if I go for 1 piece of ac1 and 2 piece of ac3. Then total delivery cost will be 50$.

Can we implement similar logic into aimeos? Please suggest.

Thanks & regards

traiyani75
Advanced

Re: Delivery cost by vendor

Post by traiyani75 » 13 Jun 2020, 11:13

Hello guys,
Any update ?

nos3

Post by nos3 » 13 Jun 2020, 11:58

As you are talking about different vendors, I guess you are using the ai-sites extension of the Aimeos company.

Aimeos allows you to add more than one delivery option to the basket and each one can have different shipping costs. If your vendors create a delivery method each with their shipping costs, these delivery options can be aggreated into the market place. Then, you only have to make sure that only those shipping options from those sites are shown for which products are in the basket (can be a decorator for the vendor shipping options checking order.base.product.siteid = service.siteid) and that all delivery options must be selected, not only one.

traiyani75
Advanced

Post by traiyani75 » 14 Jun 2020, 18:12

Hello, There must be some misunderstanding.
When I say vendor, it mean product distributor. Like example
LED Smart TV sell by Xioami, and Samsung both. So I will add order both and add them into my basket

This kind of case. In that, I want to define delivery cost for all Xioami product as 10$ and all Samsung product delivery cost will be 20$. So, Instead of giving delivery cost to every item, Will it be possible to set delivery cost for entire store(like xioami or samsung).. Will it be possible over here?

Thanks & Regards

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 15 Jun 2020, 09:50

You are mixing um definitions so it's hard to say what's possible because.

Definition:
- Store: Your entire shop or market place
- Vendor: Owner of a shop/site, in a market place he offers his products in the market place (record: mshop_locale_site)
- Supplier: Brand or distributor of the product (record: mshop_supplier)

Please use that definitions to explain what you want to do.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

traiyani75
Advanced

Post by traiyani75 » 16 Jun 2020, 10:19

Hmm. Let me highlight them
So, I am taking about one vendor. In example I used name as brand, But all those need to consider as vendor only.
No worry, Let me give you better example :idea:

Vendor 1 (Nick's store) : They are selling Samsung SMART TV. And he is seeing it on 1000$.
Vendor 2 (John's store) : They are selling Sony SMART TV. And he is seeing it on 900$.

Now, I want to set delivery cost by individual vendor.
Like for Nick's store, he wants to deliver items with delivery cost 50$
and for John's store, he want to set 30$.

Now, If I will add order for 2 Samsung and 1 SonyTV from both store. So, total cost will be
2000 + 50 (Nick's Samsung Smart TV + delivery cost)
0900 + 30 (Nick's Sony Smart TV + delivery cost)
========
2980 $

So, From above example, I want to set fix delivery cost for every vendor, and we order from multiple vendors then total delivery cost will come with sums.

Thanks.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 17 Jun 2020, 11:39

Then, we would also suggest the answer from nos3:
nos3 wrote: 13 Jun 2020, 11:58 As you are talking about different vendors, I guess you are using the ai-sites extension of the Aimeos company.

Aimeos allows you to add more than one delivery option to the basket and each one can have different shipping costs. If your vendors create a delivery method each with their shipping costs, these delivery options can be aggreated into the market place. Then, you only have to make sure that only those shipping options from those sites are shown for which products are in the basket (can be a decorator for the vendor shipping options checking order.base.product.siteid = service.siteid) and that all delivery options must be selected, not only one.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star