help needed using coupons

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
pequenos

help needed using coupons

Post by pequenos » 27 Sep 2016, 14:37

As a shop administrator - not a technical person - I like to work with coupons inside a campaign. I need some help, because I don´t know how to configure the system to get my idea to work.

What I plan to do:
* the user puts a special product out of my catalog into the shoppingbasket
* automaticly into the shoppingbasket a second pre-defined product is added which is not part of the catalog

I understood that the decorator "required.productcode" might be helpfull. Is it necessary, that the user has to enter a valide coupons-code to make this work? Or is it possible to add automatically the second product without entering a coupon-code?

Thanks for your help :-)

aimeos
Administrator

Re: help needed using coupons

Post by aimeos » 27 Sep 2016, 16:34

pequenos wrote: * the user puts a special product out of my catalog into the shoppingbasket
* automaticly into the shoppingbasket a second pre-defined product is added which is not part of the catalog
The users enter their coupon codes between these two steps, I guess. Then you can use the "Present" coupon provider and the "Required" decorator to add a product of your choice. Add a new entry in the "Coupon" tab of the expert mode admin interface and add
- "Present,Required" into the "Provider" field
Into the configuration on the right add
- "present.productcode": The product to add
- "present.quantity": The number of products to add
- "required.productcode": The product that must be in the basket

Add one or more codes for this new coupon configuration. Codes can be configured to be available an unlimited number of times.
pequenos wrote:Is it necessary, that the user has to enter a valide coupons-code to make this work? Or is it possible to add automatically the second product without entering a coupon-code?
Yes, it is but not out of the box. You (or a developer) has to write an Aimeos basket plugin that would do this automatically without the need for a coupon. It's possible to register for basket events and add, remove or modify product entries in the basket or to change the content of the basket in every way you can imagine. More information about basket plugins is available there: https://aimeos.org/docs/Developers/Libr ... et_plugins
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star