language form-add new field

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
khizar

language form-add new field

Post by khizar » 23 Jan 2021, 11:04

Hi,

i am a laravel developer.I am using laravel 8 and i have integrated aimeos with laravel.I was given a task to add new field to languages form for which i have done following steps.
1) i created file item-standard in direcotory ext\ai-moudhah\admin\jqadm\templates\locale\language
and added field

2) i added locale file in the directory ext\ai-moudhah\lib\custom\setup\default\schema which contains

Code: Select all

return array(
  'table' => array(
    'mshop_locale_language' => function ( \Doctrine\DBAL\Schema\Schema $schema ) {

$table = $schema->getTable( 'mshop_locale_language' );
        $table->addColumn(  'test', 'string', array( 'length' => 32, 'notnull' => true ) ); 
        return $schema;
    },
  ),
);
and field is added succesfully in table.
3) i made a decorator Myproject.php in the directory
ext\ai-moudhah\lib\custom\src\MShop\Locale\Manager\Language\Decorator which contains

<?php	
namespace Aimeos\MShop\Locale\Manager\Language\Decorator;

class Myproject extends \Aimeos\MShop\Common\Manager\Decorator\Base
 {
    private $attr = array(
        'locale.language.test'=> array(
            'code'=>'locale.language.test',
            'internalcode'=>'mlocla."test"',
            'label'=>'Site city',
            'type'=> 'string', // integer, float, etc.
            'internaltype'=> \Aimeos\MW\DB\Statement\Base::PARAM_STR, // _INT, _FLOAT, etc.

),
    );

public function getSaveAttributes() : array
     {

return parent::getSaveAttributes() + $this->createAttributes( $this->attr );
     }

public function getSearchAttributes( $sub = true ) :array
     {

return parent::getSearchAttributes( $sub ) + $this->createAttributes( $this->attr );
     }
 }

4) at last i added code in config/mshop.php

'locale' => [
		'manager' => [
			 'language' => [
				'decorators' => [
					'local' => ['Myproject']
				]
			]
		]
	]

now i am trying to save data but it is giving me error and not saving data.i am totally stuck and dont know what to
do

please help me so i can proceed in my project

aimeos
Administrator

Re: language form-add new field

Post by aimeos » 24 Jan 2021, 14:30

Check in the Log panel (extended left navigation) for the error details.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

khizar

Post by khizar » 25 Jan 2021, 05:47

aimeos wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 14:30 Check in the Log panel (extended left navigation) for the error details.
it gives me that error Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'locale.language.test' in 'field list':
UPDATE "mshop_locale_language"

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 25 Jan 2021, 07:56

You haven't executed

php artisan aimeos:setup
to update the database and add the new field.

khizar

Post by khizar » 25 Jan 2021, 08:08

aimeos wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 07:56 You haven't executed

php artisan aimeos:setup
to update the database and add the new field.
actually i have run that command and table field is created.The problem is that the value is not passing from view to manager
please tell me am i missing some thing
and also please tell me do i need to extend standard class in item directory or it is not necessary because currently i made only
a decorator ,overwritten template file and added field in datatabase.please guide me if i missed something

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 26 Jan 2021, 08:00

It seems like your new decorator isn't used for some reason because "locale.language.test" isn't translated to mlocla."test" in the query. Can you please post the complete ./config/mshop.php file?

khizar

Post by khizar » 26 Jan 2021, 08:17

aimeos wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 08:00 It seems like your new decorator isn't used for some reason because "locale.language.test" isn't translated to mlocla."test" in the query. Can you please post the complete ./config/mshop.php file?

return [
	'locale' => [
		'manager' => [
			 'language' => [
				'decorators' => [
					'local' => ['Myproject']
				]
			]
		]
	]
];

this is the code which i have in config/mshop.php actually it is loading correctly but the main issue is that data from the
view is not passing to the manager file becuase when i hard code the value

namespace Aimeos\MShop\Locale\Manager\Language;
foreach( $columns as $name => $entry ) {
				$stmt->bind( $idx++, $item->get( $name ), $entry->getInternalType() );
			}
if i put some random text instead of $item->get( $name ) it stores the data but when i dump $item variable there is
no new field in the bdata array (which is inside $item variable)

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 26 Jan 2021, 08:25

Please check what happens in the fromArray() method of the locale language item resp. in the common item if the value is there:
- https://github.com/aimeos/aimeos-core/b ... d.php#L148
- https://github.com/aimeos/aimeos-core/b ... #L387-L393
Is the value you are passing there? If not, then it's most likely a problem with the name attribute of your input field in your extended template from the admin panel. How does that code look like?

khizar

Post by khizar » 26 Jan 2021, 08:39

aimeos wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 08:25 Please check what happens in the fromArray() method of the locale language item resp. in the common item if the value is there:
- https://github.com/aimeos/aimeos-core/b ... d.php#L148
- https://github.com/aimeos/aimeos-core/b ... #L387-L393
Is the value you are passing there? If not, then it's most likely a problem with the name attribute of your input field in your extended template from the admin panel. How does that code look like?
This is the template file of language form and it contains test field which i have added and it is showing on the screen
correctly
directory ext\moudhah\admin\jqadm\templates\locale\language

<?php

/**
 * @license LGPLv3, http://opensource.org/licenses/LGPL-3.0
 * @copyright Aimeos (aimeos.org), 2017-2020
 */

$selected = function( $key, $code ) {
	return ( $key == $code ? 'selected="selected"' : '' );
};

$enc = $this->encoder();

$target = $this->config( 'admin/jqadm/url/save/target' );
$cntl = $this->config( 'admin/jqadm/url/save/controller', 'Jqadm' );
$action = $this->config( 'admin/jqadm/url/save/action', 'save' );
$config = $this->config( 'admin/jqadm/url/save/config', [] );

$params = $this->get( 'pageParams', [] );

?>
<?php $this->block()->start( 'jqadm_content' ); ?>

<form class="item item-locale form-horizontal" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="<?= $enc->attr( $this->url( $target, $cntl, $action, $params, [], $config ) ); ?>">
	<input id="item-id" type="hidden" name="<?= $enc->attr( $this->formparam( array( 'item', 'locale.language.id' ) ) ); ?>" value="<?= $enc->attr( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.id' ) ); ?>" />
	<input id="item-next" type="hidden" name="<?= $enc->attr( $this->formparam( array( 'next' ) ) ); ?>" value="get" />
	<?= $this->csrf()->formfield(); ?>

<nav class="main-navbar">
		<h1 class="navbar-brand">
			<span class="navbar-title"><?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Language' ) ); ?></span>
			<span class="navbar-id"><?= $enc->html( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.id' ) ); ?></span>
			<span class="navbar-label"><?= $enc->html( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.label' ) ?: $this->translate( 'admin', 'New' ) ); ?></span>
		</h1>
		<div class="item-actions">
			<?= $this->partial( $this->config( 'admin/jqadm/partial/itemactions', 'common/partials/itemactions-standard' ), ['params' => $params] ); ?>
		</div>
	</nav>

<div class="row item-container">

<div class="col-md-3 item-navbar">
			<div class="navbar-content">
				<ul class="nav nav-tabs flex-md-column flex-wrap d-flex justify-content-between" role="tablist">

<li class="nav-item basic">
						<a class="nav-link active" href="#basic" data-toggle="tab" role="tab" aria-expanded="true" aria-controls="basic">
							<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Basic' ) ); ?>
						</a>
					</li>

<?php foreach( array_values( $this->get( 'itemSubparts', [] ) ) as $idx => $subpart ) : ?>
						<li class="nav-item <?= $enc->attr( $subpart ); ?>">
							<a class="nav-link" href="#<?= $enc->attr( $subpart ); ?>" data-toggle="tab" role="tab" tabindex="<?= ++$idx + 1; ?>">
								<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', $subpart ) ); ?>
							</a>
						</li>
					<?php endforeach; ?>

</ul>

<div class="item-meta text-muted">
					<small>
						<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Modified' ) ); ?>:
						<span class="meta-value"><?= $enc->html( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.mtime' ) ); ?></span>
					</small>
					<small>
						<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Created' ) ); ?>:
						<span class="meta-value"><?= $enc->html( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.ctime' ) ); ?></span>
					</small>
					<small>
						<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Editor' ) ); ?>:
						<span class="meta-value"><?= $enc->html( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.editor' ) ); ?></span>
					</small>
				</div>
			</div>
		</div>

<div class="col-md-9 item-content tab-content">
			<div id="basic" class="row item-basic tab-pane fade show active" role="tabpanel" aria-labelledby="basic">

<div class="col-xl-6 content-block">
					<div class="form-group row mandatory">
						<label class="col-sm-4 form-control-label"><?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Status' ) ); ?></label>
						<div class="col-sm-8">
							<select class="form-control custom-select item-status" required="required" tabindex="1"
								name="<?= $enc->attr( $this->formparam( array( 'item', 'locale.language.status' ) ) ); ?>" >
								<option value="">
									<?= $enc->attr( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Please select' ) ); ?>
								</option>
								<option value="1" <?= $selected( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.status', 1 ), 1 ); ?> >
									<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'mshop/code', 'status:1' ) ); ?>
								</option>
								<option value="0" <?= $selected( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.status', 1 ), 0 ); ?> >
									<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'mshop/code', 'status:0' ) ); ?>
								</option>
								<option value="-1" <?= $selected( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.status', 1 ), -1 ); ?> >
									<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'mshop/code', 'status:-1' ) ); ?>
								</option>
								<option value="-2" <?= $selected( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.status', 1 ), -2 ); ?> >
									<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'mshop/code', 'status:-2' ) ); ?>
								</option>
							</select>
						</div>
					</div>
						<label class="col-sm-4 form-control-label help"><?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Code' ) ); ?></label>
						<div class="col-sm-8">
							<input class="form-control item-code" required="required" tabindex="1" autocomplete="off"
								name="<?= $enc->attr( $this->formparam( array( 'item', 'locale.language.code' ) ) ); ?>"
								placeholder="<?= $enc->attr( $this->translate( 'admin', 'ISO language code (required)' ) ); ?>"
								value="<?= $enc->attr( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.code' ) ); ?>" />
						</div>
						<div class="col-sm-12 form-text text-muted help-text">
							<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Two letter ISO language code' ) ); ?>
						</div>
					</div>
						<label class="col-sm-4 form-control-label help"><?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Label' ) ); ?></label>
						<div class="col-sm-8">
							<input class="form-control item-label" required="required" tabindex="1" autocomplete="off"
								name="<?= $enc->attr( $this->formparam( array( 'item', 'locale.language.label' ) ) ); ?>"
								placeholder="<?= $enc->attr( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Label (required)' ) ); ?>"
								value="<?= $enc->attr( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.label' ) ); ?>" />
						</div>
							<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Descritive name of the language' ) ); ?>
						</div>
					</div>
			// this is the test field
						<label class="col-sm-4 form-control-label help"><?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Test Field' ) ); ?></label>
						<div class="col-sm-8">
							<input class="form-control item-label" required="required" tabindex="1" autocomplete="off"
								name="<?= $enc->attr( $this->formparam( array( 'item', 'locale.language.test' ) ) ); ?>"
								placeholder="<?= $enc->attr( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Label (required)' ) ); ?>"
								value="<?= $enc->attr( $this->get( 'itemData/locale.language.test' ) ); ?>" />
						</div>
							<?= $enc->html( $this->translate( 'admin', 'Descritive name of the language' ) ); ?>
						</div>
					</div>
				</div>

</div>

<?= $this->get( 'itemBody' ); ?>

</div>

<div class="item-actions">
			<?= $this->partial( $this->config( 'admin/jqadm/partial/itemactions', 'common/partials/itemactions-standard' ), ['params' => $params] ); ?>
		</div>
	</div>
</form>

<?php $this->block()->stop(); ?>

<?= $this->render( $this->config( 'admin/jqadm/template/page', 'common/page-standard' ) ); ?>

i have added that template file ,i made a decorator which is posted above and also made changes in the config file which
code is also posted above please tell me specifically do i have to add more things or not because you can say there are no
from array method in decorator. do i need to add it or not

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 26 Jan 2021, 09:00

You've done all necessary steps and I can't see anything missing. There's just an error somewhere. Did you check what's happening in the fromArray() methods for which I've added the links?