How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules: Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
#1992 by boettner
20 Oct 2015, 14:19
Hi,

as I couldn´t find something in the docs: is there a best practice advice on how to handle international shipping? My current state is to set up a decorator but I thought it´s ok to ask as this is something very common so there might be an option I have missed?

Delivery cost should be calculated depending on the customers country automatically.

Best
Robert.
#1993 by aimeos
20 Oct 2015, 14:55
boettner wrote:as I couldn´t find something in the docs: is there a best practice advice on how to handle international shipping? My current state is to set up a decorator but I thought it´s ok to ask as this is something very common so there might be an option I have missed?


There's a "Country" decorator which can show/hide delivery options based on country codes:
https://aimeos.org/docs/User_Manual/Administration_Interface/Service_decorators#Country

If you have a lot of countries with different delivery costs, then configuring multiple delivery options for each country might be cumbersome. In this case, you can write a new decorator instead which adds the costs based on its configuration and feel free to contribute it to the core :-)
#1996 by boettner
22 Oct 2015, 14:31
aimeos wrote:There's a "Country" decorator which can show/hide delivery options based on country codes:
https://aimeos.org/docs/User_Manual/Administration_Interface/Service_decorators#Country

Sorry I missed that in the doc jungle and thanks for helping.
aimeos wrote:If you have a lot of countries with different delivery costs, then configuring multiple delivery options for each country might be cumbersome. In this case, you can write a new decorator instead which adds the costs based on its configuration and feel free to contribute it to the core :-)

That may be the case. I´m currently waiting for the customers requirements definition. If the matrix is too complex some logic will become necessary.