How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules: Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
#1997 by boettner
22 Oct 2015, 14:42
Hi,

I have to post a best practice question again. In some cases it´s necessary to calculate baskets without or with different tax rates.

Examples for shop owners in Germany are:
  • selling to Switzerland
  • selling to foreign EU customers having a VAT ID

So this would include checks for address and customer properties.

What is best used here, should this be implemented via Plug-in? And which objects and methods are involved here? Can you please give me a short hint (again) where to start?

Thanks
Robert.
#2000 by aimeos
25 Oct 2015, 11:45
boettner wrote:What is best used here, should this be implemented via Plug-in? And which objects and methods are involved here? Can you please give me a short hint (again) where to start?

Yes, a basket plugin can handle this and it should be active after the customers entered their addresses ($basket->getAddress()) so you know their country and their VAT ID. Based on this, you should be able to recalculate the prices.
#2002 by nos3
25 Oct 2015, 15:35
Hi Robert

I've already written such a plug-in and created an extension which offers VAT ID checks as well.
If you are interested, drop me a private message.

Norbert
#6951 by arcandoak
20 Sep 2018, 04:18
nos3 wrote:Hi Robert

I've already written such a plug-in and created an extension which offers VAT ID checks as well.
If you are interested, drop me a private message.

Norbert

I know it's a long shot, but do you still have this plugin?