Adding new text fields for products

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
tkristis

Adding new text fields for products

Post by tkristis » 13 Nov 2017, 11:56

Environment - Win localhost,
PHP - 7.0.22,
Aimeos - 2017.07,
Laravel - 5.5.19.

Hi, it is possible to add more fields to products? My products are education courses. I don't need Characteristics and Stocks fields. What I need is venue location of course and few more body text fields. Can I get help with that?
Thank you for any help.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Adding new text fields for products

Post by aimeos » 13 Nov 2017, 16:05

Aimeos is made for extensibility so don't think in old structures to extend the table if you need this or that!

Instead, use the product properties or attributes to store what ever you need. Both have types to categorize them, e.g. add a type "location" with your venues. Properties are not shared between products, attributes can be. Thus, using attributes, you can create a faceted search for them automatically.

You can always define more text types if "name", "short" and "long" are not enough. You only have to overwrite the template for the product text subpart in the admin interface to add a text fields for your new types.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

vincentmosier

Post by vincentmosier » 04 Sep 2020, 08:00

So how exactly can I edit/delete Characteristics and Stocks fields? Are there any detailed tutorials provided on how the structure and fields can be edited?

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 07 Sep 2020, 10:28

Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star