Option of Personalized / Custom Message / Print / Text on Product

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
xarga

Option of Personalized / Custom Message / Print / Text on Product

Post by xarga » 02 Sep 2020, 19:36

I would like to add an option labeled "PERSONALIZE" to products within a specific category.

That option, if selected by the customer, would allow them to enter a personalized message that would be printed on the product.

That option, if selected, would also add an additional cost to the product.

I'm assuming this can be done through attributes and would probably have to be applied to each product but have been unsuccessful in getting it to work. Would appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Option of Personalized / Custom Message / Print / Text on Product

Post by aimeos » 02 Sep 2020, 19:57

You need to add the attribute with type "text" and code "custom" to the products and you can add a price to that attribute in the attribute panel.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

xarga

Re: Option of Personalized / Custom Message / Print / Text on Product

Post by xarga » 04 Sep 2020, 21:07

Thanks that worked well.

I added two Configuration attributes - (type print) with pricing to add cost of printing to product price which appear in a dropdown select field.

Then one Custom attribute (type text) which appears below which allows customer to enter personalized message.

I then had to add some translation values in the config/shop.php to change the displayed label descriptors to the required values.