Remove subparts from checkout summary

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
flomo

Remove subparts from checkout summary

Post by flomo » 31 Oct 2019, 17:31

I'm trying to remove some subparts from the checkout summary, as described here https://aimeos.org/docs/Configuration/C ... d/subparts, but nothing happens, even with an empty array:

Code: Select all

'client' => [
        'html' => [
            'checkout' => [
                'standard' => [
                    'address' => [
                        'standard' => [
                            'subparts' => [
                                'billing',
                            ],
                        ],
                    ],
                    'standard' => [
                        'subparts' => [
                            'address',
                            'payment',
                            'summary',
                            'process',
                        ],
                    ],
                    'onepage' => [
                        'address',
                        'payment',
                        'summary',
                    ],
                    'summary' => [
                        'standard' => [
                            'subparts' => [],
                        ],
                    ],
                ],
            ],
        ],
    ],
How can I update these subparts? I could simply delete the code from Aimeos\Client\Html\Checkout\Standard\Summary\Standard, but I guess this is not the way to go.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Remove subparts from checkout summary

Post by aimeos » 01 Nov 2019, 09:18

This configuration setting isn't used any more. I'm wondering why the page contains no message about that ...

If you want to remove parts of the summary template, please make a copy of that template in your own extension and remove the parts you don't need.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

flomo

Post by flomo » 01 Nov 2019, 15:44

Ok, thanks.

The outdated documentation is one of the most frustrating part when learning Aimeos, unfortunately. Also on this page: https://aimeos.org/docs/Laravel/Create_new_pages

I just spent 1h to find out that the sentence "The easiest and most efficient way to retrieve the body and header parts from Aimeos components is to use the "\Aimeos\Shop\Base\Page" service and call the getSections() method inside your controller action:" belongs to Aimeos 2017.x/2018.x and not 2019.x, that there is no "Shop" facade (see code example just below) and that "app('Aimeos\Shop\Base\Shop')" should be used instead.

flomo

Post by flomo » 01 Nov 2019, 17:21

This configuration also seems to have no effect: https://aimeos.org/docs/Configuration/C ... d/subparts

Where could we report such pages? Is there a repo with issues for the documentation?

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 02 Nov 2019, 08:15

flomo wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 15:44 The outdated documentation is one of the most frustrating part when learning Aimeos, unfortunately.
Yes, we are also very unhappy with the situation and want to switch to a Git based documentation system next year where we can update the docs as soon as we change something in the code and not after the release.
flomo wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 15:44 I just spent 1h to find out that the sentence "The easiest and most efficient way to retrieve the body and header parts from Aimeos components is to use the "\Aimeos\Shop\Base\Page" service and call the getSections() method inside your controller action:" belongs to Aimeos 2017.x/2018.x and not 2019.x, that there is no "Shop" facade (see code example just below) and that "app('Aimeos\Shop\Base\Shop')" should be used instead.
The text didn't match the example code and in the code, the "use" statement for the facade was missing. This is fixed now. Thank you for your hints and your patience!

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 02 Nov 2019, 08:18

flomo wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 17:21 This configuration also seems to have no effect: https://aimeos.org/docs/Configuration/C ... d/subparts

Where could we report such pages? Is there a repo with issues for the documentation?
I've created an account in the Wiki for you so you can edit pages yourself. You should have already received an e-mail.

flomo

Post by flomo » 04 Nov 2019, 08:08

No worries. I can only imagine how hard it is, to maintain a documentation for such a large project. I just think, that more developers would switch to Aimeos, if the entry point wasn't that high. It's a great software, but hard to learn.
I've created an account in the Wiki for you so you can edit pages yourself. You should have already received an e-mail.
I got the login. Thank you, also for your trust in me. I still consider myself a complete beginner to Aimeos, so I'm not that confident in updating docs. But when I come across an evident mistake, I will fix it :)

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 04 Nov 2019, 11:32

We want to make the first steps into Aimeos as easy as possible, even if the learning curve will increase the more complex the customizations will be. We are very happy for everyone who is helping us to reach that goal :-)

flomo

Post by flomo » 05 Nov 2019, 09:27

I will try my best ;)

Btw, Gatsby has a very nice onboarding process for new developers, with docs, tutorials, starter templates and short how-tos for common problems: https://www.gatsbyjs.org/

Maybe have a look at it for inspiration.