Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules: Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
#5372 by cecosd
10 Jan 2018, 19:55
Hey people,
I have a really complex project going on and I need to know is this package good for my tasks.

1. Can I create a product with marginable price. Example is if the product is a gold bar, I want to be able to change constantly the price of the product. Is that possible with aimeo laravel?
2. Aimeos is not using laravel eloquent and this is very dificult for me to understand how to use the code. Everythng is really customizable and abstract. Can someone help me with diving into aimeos?

I know i may sound like a noob...sorry about that, but I would like to be able to know how to get myself dive deeper into aimeos.

I hope someone manages to help me. 8-) :geek:
All the best to all of you!
#5376 by aimeos
11 Jan 2018, 13:57
cecosd wrote:1. Can I create a product with marginable price. Example is if the product is a gold bar, I want to be able to change constantly the price of the product. Is that possible with aimeo laravel?


Sure, you can change the prices as often as you want either by importing a file with new prices on a regular basis (e.g. every hour) or by replacing the manager in the price domain and access a remote system directly via HTTP.

cecosd wrote:2. Aimeos is not using laravel eloquent and this is very dificult for me to understand how to use the code. Everythng is really customizable and abstract. Can someone help me with diving into aimeos?


You should first have a look into the Aimeos developer documenation and understand the different layers and composer packages of Aimeos:
https://aimeos.org/docs/Developers/Software_stack

Then, read how you can adapt Aimeos when used with Laravel:
https://aimeos.org/docs/Laravel

Afterwards, you should read the rest of the developer documentation:
https://aimeos.org/docs/Developers

There will be questions left for sure, which you can ask here in the forum. If you need professional support or help with implementation, you can also ask the Aimeos company for help: https://aimeos.com/support/
#5383 by cecosd
11 Jan 2018, 19:03
aimeos wrote:
cecosd wrote:1. Can I create a product with marginable price. Example is if the product is a gold bar, I want to be able to change constantly the price of the product. Is that possible with aimeo laravel?


Sure, you can change the prices as often as you want either by importing a file with new prices on a regular basis (e.g. every hour) or by replacing the manager in the price domain and access a remote system directly via HTTP.

cecosd wrote:2. Aimeos is not using laravel eloquent and this is very dificult for me to understand how to use the code. Everythng is really customizable and abstract. Can someone help me with diving into aimeos?


You should first have a look into the Aimeos developer documenation and understand the different layers and composer packages of Aimeos:
https://aimeos.org/docs/Developers/Software_stack

Then, read how you can adapt Aimeos when used with Laravel:
https://aimeos.org/docs/Laravel

Afterwards, you should read the rest of the developer documentation:
https://aimeos.org/docs/Developers

There will be questions left for sure, which you can ask here in the forum. If you need professional support or help with implementation, you can also ask the Aimeos company for help: https://aimeos.com/support/


Thank you!

I have read the documentation but this software is really big. Will spend some more time reading the documentation.
Regards
#5387 by aimeos
12 Jan 2018, 10:34
cecosd wrote:
Travin wrote:Yeah man! Some day we will become master of the source code :D


We are sure you will! :-)
Aimeos as e-commerce framework is extremely flexible and has a lot of features so you need some time to get used to it ...