Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules: Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
#1621 by Yvler
08 Jun 2015, 11:34
Another problem/question:

Is there a way to add brands with products? example:
brand: Coca Cola Company
product:
- coca cola
- fanta
...

What is "supplier" in the admin/templates? Is this used for adding brands, or is this really the supplier of the goods? (like in a company who is supplying the products of the coca cola company)?

If supplier can be used for this.. how do we link the products with a supplier? We couldn't find any details about this nor is demo data using any of this.
#1624 by aimeos
10 Jun 2015, 14:02
Sorry, didn't saw your post earlier!

The supplier can be exactly used for these kind of requirement and you can link your products to suppliers in the product detail view of the admin interface.

Currently, only the supplier name is shown in the frontend. If you need the full information, you can add a new subpart for the catalog detail component that fetches the supplier item using its manager and generating the HTML based on this item. More information are available here: http://aimeos.org/docs/Developers/Html_frontend/Create_new_subparts

If you need more information, please ask.
#1628 by Yvler
10 Jun 2015, 14:46
Is there a possibility that you're going to change this in the future?
or for suppliers to be in multiple levels?
#1629 by aimeos
10 Jun 2015, 16:20
Yvler wrote:Is there a possibility that you're going to change this in the future?


It's currently not our most important task. If you need it within a reasonable time frame, we can help you to get a subpart for this implemented (it's really easy) and we would love to see it in the core as well.

Yvler wrote:or for suppliers to be in multiple levels?


Can you explain what are your requirements regarding suppliers?
#1631 by Yvler
10 Jun 2015, 23:43
you may always help us get to start this up
it's still hard to understand how the whole code is working :)

our requirements are very simple.. we have brands in different categories :)
so we have a master brand with different sub-brands... products can be available under the master brand, or can be added to sub brands..

for example:
coca cola company (master brand)
- cola (sub brand)
-- cola light (product)
-- cola zero (product)
- fanta (product under master brand)
- sprite (same as above)

so it's kinda the same as how categories work :)
#1632 by aimeos
11 Jun 2015, 00:48
Yvler wrote:it's still hard to understand how the whole code is working :)


Well, Aimeos is a full-featured web shop with around 160 000 lines of code and another 100 000 lines of comments but the best thing is: Every kind of component, controller, manager, etc. is working the same way. If you understood one, you understand them all :-)

Please ask as many questions as you need. This is the only way for us to see where we need to improve the documentation.

Yvler wrote:our requirements are very simple.. we have brands in different categories :)
so we have a master brand with different sub-brands... products can be available under the master brand, or can be added to sub brands..

for example:
coca cola company (master brand)
- cola (sub brand)
-- cola light (product)
-- cola zero (product)
- fanta (product under master brand)
- sprite (same as above)

so it's kinda the same as how categories work :)


OK, this looks like you should really use categories :-)
How are suppliers connected to this? What is the improvement related to them you need for your project? Only to display one supplier for each product or is there more?