Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules: Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
#1913 by Yvler
17 Sep 2015, 13:16
Is there already a system for using slugs in stead of passing the values in the request parameter of the url?
It would be more interesting for SEO to use
"/category/cat-2" in stead of "/list?f_name=cat-2&f_catid=4562"
#1929 by Yvler
22 Sep 2015, 07:37
That was our backup plan ;-) and we'd probably create another table where a slug is saved and where this slug is linked to these parameters :)
not the best way to do it, but I don't see a better solution at this time
#1931 by aimeos
22 Sep 2015, 08:31
Yvler wrote:That was our backup plan ;-) and we'd probably create another table where a slug is saved and where this slug is linked to these parameters :)

You don't need another table. The mshop_catalog and thus the catalog items contains all you need, including the possibility to define URL segments (a.k.a. slugs) as associated texts.
#2091 by swpierce
24 Nov 2015, 23:31
Apologies for digging up an old thread, but anyone know if the referenced URL generator bug is fixed in Laravel 5.1? I'm guessing not looking at the laravel repository but I could be missing it too ;)
#2099 by aimeos
25 Nov 2015, 11:18
I'm not aware of that. The buggy behavior is immanent in the router implementation and Tylor had no idea how to fix that without breaking the rest.