Export Product Inventory to CSV

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
superscotty19

Export Product Inventory to CSV

Post by superscotty19 » 07 May 2020, 21:00

Hi,

As I understand it, Aimeos will export orders ... though I'm not sure how. I go to orders, click download, then wait ... "your order will be ready in a few minutes" ... then nothing.

Anyway, ignoring that, I have a request to export product inventory to CSV. Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks!
-Scott.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Export Product Inventory to CSV

Post by aimeos » 09 May 2020, 09:28

superscotty19 wrote: 07 May 2020, 21:00 As I understand it, Aimeos will export orders ... though I'm not sure how. I go to orders, click download, then wait ... "your order will be ready in a few minutes" ... then nothing.
Exporting orders is done via a message queue and a cronjob cares about creating the export file to avoid running into an out-of-memory or execution time limit. You have to set up a scheduler task that runs the job controllers regularly:
https://aimeos.org/docs/TYPO3/Install_A ... ery_minute
superscotty19 wrote: 07 May 2020, 21:00 Anyway, ignoring that, I have a request to export product inventory to CSV. Is this possible and if so, how?
No, only product import via CSV is possible and exports are in XML format due to the complexity of the product structure.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

cnoelker
Advanced

Re: Export Product Inventory to CSV

Post by cnoelker » 09 May 2020, 14:21

If you want to export orders in an individual format, then how about writing some PHP code which selects the entries out of the database and writes them to a file?
You can call this script with a cronjob.

Since the required export format as well as the file name in my project was quite different to the default export of aimeos, I went this way and it works great.