Products not removed from category

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
rowild

Products not removed from category

Post by rowild » 09 Jun 2020, 17:27

I have 2 categories and 3 products. I changed the prodcuts' type from `default` to selection. But in the Frontend that didn't change anything, the "Add to basekt" was still shown.

So I deleted the products from the categories. But that again didn't change anything either, the products are still shown in the frontend.

I checked in the categories, if there are any products assigned to the categories - there aren't.
I also checked each product, if it has a category assigned still but none has.

If I change a text element in any of the products, then this element is indeed updated in the Frontend...

So I have categories, which are empty (no roducts assigned) in the BE, but in the FE they still show up?

Deleted caches via Admin Tools, also via DB (cf-* tables). "composer dumpautoload", extension's "cache" setting is set to "none", "APC" cache is deactivated...

I do not understand, what is going on here. Can you explain that phenomenon to me, please?

rowild

Re: Products not removed from category

Post by rowild » 09 Jun 2020, 17:31

EDIT: Deleting generates the desired result. But I do not want to delete my products. Just disconnect them rom the categories...

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 13 Jun 2020, 13:59

If you change the product type from "default" to "selection", nothing will change in the frontend as you've noticed. Only if you try to add it to the basket it will fail because no variant articles are available where variant attributes could be chosen from.

If you delete the products from the categories in the "Catalog" panel, they are removed but the index isn't updated yet (we want to fix that in the next release). When you open the products in the product panel, the categories are gone but only if you save them, the index gets updated.

The best way after removing products in the catalog panel is to run the index rebuild (scheduler task).
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 07 Aug 2020, 17:39

This has been fixed in dev-master of the Aimeos core now
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star