Partial or full refund of an order

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
johnnuman

Partial or full refund of an order

Post by johnnuman » 03 Feb 2021, 07:40

aimeos/aimeos-laravel 2020.10.6
IIS Windows 10
PHP 7.4
MariaDB 10.4

I have searched the documentation and the message boards and I cannot find any usable information regarding the partial or full refund workflow. So I already know that it is not there in the core package. I want to custom develop this functionality.

I would like you to kindly suggest me a workflow for such implementation. i.e.
what steps do I need to consider when dealing with a partial refund?

I have developed a POS interface on top of aimeos and there is a possibility for walk-in customers to exchange products. In that case, I need to adjust the price of returning product against the current invoice payment. Can you please guide how can I handle that scenario?

Thank you.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Partial or full refund of an order

Post by aimeos » 05 Feb 2021, 07:11

johnnuman wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 07:40 I have searched the documentation and the message boards and I cannot find any usable information regarding the partial or full refund workflow. So I already know that it is not there in the core package. I want to custom develop this functionality.

I would like you to kindly suggest me a workflow for such implementation. i.e.
what steps do I need to consider when dealing with a partial refund?
There's already a payment status for full refunds in the mshop_order table. For partitial refunds, a payment status for each product seems to be necessary too so you have to add that first. Then, you need to decide how you want to handle the refund. If only the status should be set and the refund is done in the interface of the payment gateway, it's easy. If you want to do refunds by one click in the admin backend, you need a payment gateway that supports this, the Omnipay driver must implement the refund method and then you have to call the refund() method of the payment service provider used in the order from the Order JQAdm class.
johnnuman wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 07:40 I have developed a POS interface on top of aimeos and there is a possibility for walk-in customers to exchange products. In that case, I need to adjust the price of returning product against the current invoice payment. Can you please guide how can I handle that scenario?
Nice! Are you willing to share your POS implemenation?
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star