Selling by m2

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
m_tsenov

Selling by m2

Post by m_tsenov » 07 Feb 2021, 17:54

Hi,

I am tryign to sell MDF panels by meter square. I need to give my customers the ability to specify width and height of panel as well as few other configurable options. Is this something that can be done out of the box with attributes or I need to go under the hood and customize Aimeos?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Selling by m2

Post by aimeos » 08 Feb 2021, 07:36

Are the width and height totally custom values or are the panels sold in steps like width and height per 10cm?
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

m_tsenov

Post by m_tsenov » 08 Feb 2021, 09:14

That's the issue - they have to be exact values in millimeters, and I want to calculate the price based on [base charge]+[area].

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 08 Feb 2021, 09:55

Than, you have to write a few lines of custom code. Our suggestion would be to add custom attributes for width and height where users can enter the millimeter values, calculate the mm2 value by javascript and set the number of mm2 in the quantity input field. For the products, you have to set the quantity scale value to 0.0001 (for mm2) and the price per mm2 (which may be something like 0.0005€/mm2). The additional base price can be added by a configurable attribute with the base price that you preselect and enforce (or add as hidden input field with the attribute ID to the template).
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star