Sell by units and product import

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
Tomas

Sell by units and product import

Post by Tomas » 17 Mar 2015, 08:38

aimeos wrote:
We've created a page tree file that is tailored to your situation (including the menu specifics of the bootstrap package) and should work out of the box after importing the file:
http://aimeos.org/fileadmin/download/Ai ... ns_2.1.t3d
Meanwhile I could check it and it looks very fine now! So I now can explore the details of the shop-administration by using your detailed guides. Thanks again!

In this context I would like to renew my question, whether there is a possibility to combine the counter of the quantity of ordered articles with the variable size of an article, like: cm x cm x cm = [value of quantity-counter], e.g.
50cm x 100cm x 15cm / 1000000 = 0,075 cbm x [price of unit] = [xxx] €. That would be a good feature for a lot of shops selling goods per unit of qm, cbm, l, kg etc. and not only per piece.
Is this just a feature of the shop? Otherwise it should be possible to implement it by Typoscript or by adding an extension. Which way would you suggest to handle this matter? At least the detail-view and the cart are affected by such a feature. Additionally to the quantity-counter it would be very fine to have fields in the description in the cart to take over the individuell sizes of l, b, t, in the same way as the other attributes are shown there.

Additionally I would like to ask whether there are features for automatic import of article data from other databases, e.g. via csv, after treating these data to fit to aimeos shop.

However, before asking things which might just be explained in the manuals, I should read them first... ;)

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Sell by units and product import

Post by aimeos » 18 Mar 2015, 11:09

Tomas wrote: In this context I would like to renew my question, whether there is a possibility to combine the counter of the quantity of ordered articles with the variable size of an article, like: cm x cm x cm = [value of quantity-counter], e.g.
50cm x 100cm x 15cm / 1000000 = 0,075 cbm x [price of unit] = [xxx] €. That would be a good feature for a lot of shops selling goods per unit of qm, cbm, l, kg etc. and not only per piece.
Is this just a feature of the shop? Otherwise it should be possible to implement it by Typoscript or by adding an extension. Which way would you suggest to handle this matter? At least the detail-view and the cart are affected by such a feature. Additionally to the quantity-counter it would be very fine to have fields in the description in the cart to take over the individuell sizes of l, b, t, in the same way as the other attributes are shown there.
It's usually no problem to sell by other units as long as the reference value hasn't be calculated from several dimensions first. In this case you would need to create an extension that replaces the "basket" subpart in the catalog detail view and implements the required calculations.
If there's only a limited amount of combinations of length, width and height, you could use a selection product instead, which is much easier.
Tomas wrote: Additionally I would like to ask whether there are features for automatic import of article data from other databases, e.g. via csv, after treating these data to fit to aimeos shop.
Not yet but someone is working on an XML based product import/export.