Updating the prices and attributes for many products

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
aksenovaa

Updating the prices and attributes for many products

Post by aksenovaa » 14 Apr 2015, 05:26

Is it possible to update the price or attributes for multiple products at once (and perhaps all)?
I think that these problems are quite common in stores. For example, seasonal changes in prices when you need to change the value directly from a variety of products.
The same question by attributes - if suddenly there was a need to add or remove, change the attribute directly in a variety of products.
At the moment, this functionality is not found.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Updating the prices and attributes for many products

Post by aimeos » 15 Apr 2015, 09:50

As far as I can see, prices are the only items that can't be shared so an update is reflected in many products or attributes. Maybe this was some kind of "security" to prevent unexpected price chances for several products.

Nevertheless, I think we can make this at least configurable. If you want to use this, you have to add a descriptive label to each price so you won't get confused later.

It this OK for you?

aksenovaa

Post by aksenovaa » 15 Apr 2015, 12:25

aimeos wrote:As far as I can see, prices are the only items that can't be shared so an update is reflected in many products or attributes. Maybe this was some kind of "security" to prevent unexpected price chances for several products.
You're right, first create a price, then used.
Just multishop have convenient functionality for working with the prices - highlight products and specify decrease / increase the price of a certain percentage or amount.
And more. Is it possible to select multiple items and add all at once a certain attribute, or vice versa, remove ...

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 15 Apr 2015, 19:17

aksenovaa wrote: Just multishop have convenient functionality for working with the prices - highlight products and specify decrease / increase the price of a certain percentage or amount. Is it possible to select multiple items and add all at once a certain attribute, or vice versa, remove ...
Multishop probably has a table structure that is flatter so this can be done more easily. It might be hard to do this in the Aimeos admin interface on a product level but it may be easier to implement such a functionality in the price list views.

As a first improvement I think we can allow to share prices for several products or attributes.