Locale format settings

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
boettner
Advanced

Locale format settings

Post by boettner » 10 Jun 2015, 09:07

Hi all,

and another one from me. I can´t find any settings to change localized number formats like decimal and thousand separators for currencies. Do I overlook something?

It doesn´t seem to be configured in the Aimeos demo: http://typo3.demo.aimeos.org/default/
Is such configuration possible at all currently?

Best Robert.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Locale format settings

Post by aimeos » 10 Jun 2015, 14:10

Hi Robert

Number and currency formats are language specific and part of the translation which is automatically used if you configure the config.language TS setting to e.g. "de". If you want to use a different format for any reasons than provided by the translation, you can overwrite the translation and add your own one: http://aimeos.org/docs/TYPO3/Overwrite_translations

boettner
Advanced

Post by boettner » 10 Jun 2015, 14:24

Thanks again for getting back.
aimeos wrote:configure the config.language TS setting to e.g. "de".
Yes I saw that in the docs and have this config present since it´s quite basic:

Code: Select all

config {
    sys_language_uid = 0
    language = de
    locale_all = de_DE
    htmlTag_langKey = de_DE
}
But the automatism seems to fail in my installation. The decimal separator remains a dot when german is selected. What makes me think I have some misconfiguration is the fact that the language selector also don´t works like documented. I have RealUrl configured as described but the lang param remains ai[loc_language]

This is my TS config. (cut some part...):

plugin.tx_aimeos {
    settings {
        client {
            html {
            }
        }

mshop.locale.currency = EUR
        typo3.param.name.language = L
    }
}

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 10 Jun 2015, 16:43

boettner wrote: Yes I saw that in the docs and have this config present since it´s quite basic:
Your TS code is OK as long as it don't gets overwritten somewhere else. Is the rest of the translations OK (e.g. for "you are here" etc.)?
Do you have multiple languages configured ( either TYPO3 or Aimeos admin interface)?
boettner wrote: But the automatism seems to fail in my installation. The decimal separator remains a dot when german is selected. What makes me think I have some misconfiguration is the fact that the language selector also don´t works like documented. I have RealUrl configured as described but the lang param remains ai[loc_language]
We would suggest that you don't use the Aimeos language selector for TYPO3 as it's better to use the native TYPO3 mechanism. It's primarily for the other Aimeos integrations. Only the currency selector is useful in the TYPO3 context but if you only have one currency, I wouldn't use it at all.

You can see a working setup with multiple languages at http://typo3.demo.aimeos.org/default/ (scroll down, there are ten links to all currently supported languages). We've uses the bootstrap_package and added this TS configuration:

config.language = en
config.sys_language_uid = 0

[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
  config.language = de
  config.sys_language_uid = 1
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L = 2]
  config.language = pl
  config.sys_language_uid = 2
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L = 3]
  config.language = ru
  config.sys_language_uid = 3
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L = 4]
  config.language = tr_TR
  config.sys_language_uid = 4
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L = 5]
  config.language = fr
  config.sys_language_uid = 5
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L = 6]
  config.language = es
  config.sys_language_uid = 6
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L = 7]
  config.language = nl
  config.sys_language_uid = 7
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L = 8]
  config.language = zh_CN
  config.sys_language_uid = 8
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L = 9]
  config.language = sr_SR
  config.sys_language_uid = 9
[global]

lib.language.20.special.value = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
lib.language.20.1.NO.stdWrap.override = English || Deutsch || Polski || русский || Türk || Français || Español || Nederlands || 中国 || српски
lib.language.20.1.NO.stdWrap.typolink.additionalParams = &L=0 || &L=1 || &L=2 || &L=3 || &L=4 || &L=5 || &L=6 || &L=7 || &L=8 || &L=9
lib.language.20.1.NO.stdWrap.typolink.ATagParams = hreflang="en-GB" || hreflang="de-DE" || hreflang="pl-PL" || hreflang="ru-RU" || hreflang="tr-TR" || hreflang="fr-FR" || hreflang="es-ES" || hreflang="nl-NL" || hreflang="zh-CN" || hreflang="sr-SR"
lib.language.20.1.ACT.stdWrap.override = English || Deutsch || Polski || русский || Türk || Français || Español || Nederlands || 中国 || српски
lib.language.20.1.ACT.stdWrap.typolink.additionalParams = &L=0 || &L=1 || &L=2 || &L=3 || &L=4 || &L=5 || &L=6 || &L=7 || &L=8 || &L=9
lib.language.20.1.ACT.stdWrap.typolink.ATagParams = hreflang="en-GB" || hreflang="de-DE" || hreflang="pl-PL" || hreflang="ru-RU" || hreflang="tr-TR" || hreflang="fr-FR" || hreflang="es-ES" || hreflang="nl-NL" || hreflang="zh-CN" || hreflang="sr-SR"
The RealURL mapping was adapted like described here: http://aimeos.org/tips/language-mapping ... p-package/

Which version of the Aimeos TYPO3 extension do you use? Version 2.2.2 or the latest from Github?

boettner
Advanced

Post by boettner » 11 Jun 2015, 06:31

aimeos wrote: Is the rest of the translations OK (e.g. for "you are here" etc.)? Do you have multiple languages configured ( either TYPO3 or Aimeos admin interface)?
Yes all other translations work and I have configured the languages either in TYPO3 and Aimeos.
aimeos wrote: We would suggest that you don't use the Aimeos language selector for TYPO3 as it's better to use the native TYPO3 mechanism. It's primarily for the other Aimeos integrations.
Yes that works. I reverted to that.
aimeos wrote: You can see a working setup with multiple languages at http://typo3.demo.aimeos.org/default/ (scroll down, there are ten links to all currently supported languages). We've uses the bootstrap_package and added this TS configuration:
That´s why I was asking. The currency format shows the same behaviour as in my installation. There´s a dot for the decimal separator for both english and german.
aimeos wrote: The RealURL mapping was adapted like described here: http://aimeos.org/tips/language-mapping ... p-package/
Thanks to pointing me to this one. I´m not using the bootstrap_package relying on FluidTYPO3 [1] and these two [2] [3]
aimeos wrote: Which version of the Aimeos TYPO3 extension do you use? Version 2.2.2 or the latest from Github?
I´m on 2.2.2 from TER currently

Thanks for your great support and efforts you put in the Aimeos platform.

Robert.

[1] https://fluidtypo3.org/
[2] https://github.com/Ecodev/typo3-cms-spe ... stribution
[3] https://github.com/Ecodev/speciality

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 11 Jun 2015, 08:26

boettner wrote: That´s why I was asking. The currency format shows the same behaviour as in my installation. There´s a dot for the decimal separator for both english and german.
My fault, the number format is not changed by translation but you have to configure it via TypoScript for each language:

plugin.tx_aimeos.settings.client.html.common.format.seperatorDecimal = ,
  plugin.tx_aimeos.settings.client.html.common.format.seperator1000 = .
We've changed this in the demo as well and will update the documentation.
boettner wrote: Thanks for your great support and efforts you put in the Aimeos platform.
You're welcome! When you finished your Aimeos project, can we ask you a few questions?

boettner
Advanced

Post by boettner » 11 Jun 2015, 08:46

aimeos wrote:

Thanks again, that did it.
aimeos wrote: You're welcome! When you finished your Aimeos project, can we ask you a few questions?
Of course, anytime. The customer has no dedicated date for the relaunch yet but I expect it sometime in July.

stiller

Post by stiller » 05 Aug 2020, 06:02

well that does work for frontend
but what is the syntax for mails or the aimeos backend?

aimeos 18.10.11
typo3 8.7.30

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 07 Aug 2020, 07:25

Maybe it works if you add the settings to the TSConfig field of the scheduler task but I'm not sure because there have been improvements in 19.x in that area.

Please note that 18.10 isn't supported any more, only the ELTS package of the Aimeos company provides security and bugfixes for that version.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star