Manual sorting

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
boettner
Advanced

Manual sorting

Post by boettner » 24 Jul 2015, 13:32

Hi all,

is it possible to add a manual sort option for products? I know that browsing lists and search results may be sorted by relevance, name or price by default but my customer aims at sorting manually for some of his catalog catagories.

I thought of introducing a sorting attribute for which he has to edit integer sort values but am not sure whether an attribute would fit in the f_sort parameter in some way. So I´m asking before moving in the wrong direction.

Other than that this is somehow inconvenient. A better approach would be a real sorting column, also available inside the Manager and some UI handles for moving products up and down. Or maybe even drag and drop, but that´s the triple A, five star, deluxe, awesome awesomeness version, I know. ;) So I will keep it simple first.

Cheers
Robert.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Manual sorting

Post by aimeos » 24 Jul 2015, 14:15

boettner wrote: is it possible to add a manual sort option for products? I know that browsing lists and search results may be sorted by relevance, name or price by default but my customer aims at sorting manually for some of his catalog catagories.
Yes, you named it already. "Relevance" is just a better name than "the product order the shop owner thinks is best for selling most" ;-)
The only requirement is that the customer is in a category list because the search result produced by the full text search is ordered by the MySQL relevance ranking instead. This can be simply enforced by selecting a category (maybe the root/home category) in the flexform settings of the catalog list plugin.
boettner wrote: Other than that this is somehow inconvenient. A better approach would be a real sorting column, also available inside the Manager and some UI handles for moving products up and down. Or maybe even drag and drop, but that´s the triple A, five star, deluxe, awesome awesomeness version, I know. ;) So I will keep it simple first.
You will find that "triple A, five star, deluxe, awesome awesomeness version" already in the category tab -> product tab. You can reorder the products attached to a category by drag&drop :-)

boettner
Advanced

Re: Manual sorting

Post by boettner » 24 Jul 2015, 14:27

Thanks again for sorting that out that quickly!
aimeos wrote: Yes, you named it already. "Relevance" is just a better name than "the product order the shop owner thinks is best for selling most" ;-)
The only requirement is that the customer is in a category list because the search result produced by the full text search is ordered by the MySQL relevance ranking instead. This can be simply enforced by selecting a category (maybe the root/home category) in the flexform settings of the catalog list plugin.
Didn´t think of two kinds of relevances. Just thought that relevance in non-search lists would be of no "relevance" ;) because it would only make sense in conjunction with entered search terms.
aimeos wrote: You will find that "triple A, five star, deluxe, awesome awesomeness version" already in the category tab -> product tab. You can reorder the products attached to a category by drag&drop :-)
That´s: welcome weekend!

On my way into the sun. Thanks for your support, have a nice weekend.

Best Robert.

Btw: Dagmar wrote today asking for some notes on my experience with Aimeos. I am happy to write that next week.