Configuration question

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
swpierce

Configuration question

Post by swpierce » 14 Nov 2015, 02:13

At least I think it's a configuration question...

I'm trying to include the catalog/filter twice - once as part of aimeos_head and once as part of aimeos_nav but I want to configure them differently.

Basically, I'm trying to display the top-level categories across the top of the screen so I need only the tree in the head section, and I only want the attributes in the nav section.

I know I'm missing something simple but I can't figure it out. I can get the catalog/filter to display in both places but I can't seem to display the tree only in one section and the attributes only in a different section.

Thanks for the great software! Liking it a lot better than the last couple options I had to use when building a store :)

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Different configuration for same component

Post by aimeos » 14 Nov 2015, 12:09

swpierce wrote: I'm trying to include the catalog/filter twice - once as part of aimeos_head and once as part of aimeos_nav but I want to configure them differently.

I know I'm missing something simple but I can't figure it out. I can get the catalog/filter to display in both places but I can't seem to display the tree only in one section and the attributes only in a different section.
Frameworks like Laravel, Symfony and others don't offer any means to apply different configuration options to the same controller/action based on any identifier. Therefore, you can't do this via configuration. Content Management Systems (including TYPO3 supported by Aimeos) are able to apply different configuration options per component instance.

The option you have within a framework is to style both catalog/filter components on the page via CSS according to their location (the different HTML structure and CSS classes in both sections allow applying different CSS settings) and the subparts you don't want to display in the head must be hidden with "display: none".
swpierce wrote: Thanks for the great software! Liking it a lot better than the last couple options I had to use when building a store :)
We will come back to you for a couple of questions :-)
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star