Initial page is search result?!

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
Innonic

Initial page is search result?!

Post by Innonic » 24 Nov 2015, 21:26

Hi everybody,

hopefully this is the right place for my problem.
I've got the basic installation of the Aimeos Shop integrated in my TYPO3 homepage. But when clicking on "My Shop" or "Shop" I get to page "Your search result" although nothing has been searched.
So what needs to be changed that I get on the "Start" page if clicking on "My Shop" or "Shop"? I guess that's the intended behaviour.
Thank you very much!

nos3

Re: Initial page is search result?!

Post by nos3 » 24 Nov 2015, 21:43

I've described the solution here: help-f15/sorting-the-default-catalog-list-t532.html

Innonic

Post by Innonic » 25 Nov 2015, 09:21

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

But somehow I don't get it. The manual just says: "In most cases you can set this value via the administration interface of the shop application." It does not say where or how.

Looking at the single products (tab: "category" or in my case "Katalog") there's a column "type" whose value is "Default" and column "ID" whose value is "1".

Is that what you meant? If so, my start page does not appear even though this default category is set.
Else, could you explain that in more detail to me?

Thanks again!

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 25 Nov 2015, 11:01

With TYPO3 it's easier than in the frameworks:
- In the backend -> Web::Page -> Select page with the Catalog List plug-in
- Edit the plug-in -> Go to the "Plug-in" tab -> Select the default category you want to show instead of the search list
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

Innonic

Post by Innonic » 25 Nov 2015, 12:24

Thank you for your answer.

I don't know if something's wrong with me and my understanding or the shop. Or maybe I didn't explain my issue very good.

If I click on "Categories" -> "Start" I get to the very nice "Start" page. And that is exactly what I expect to see, if I click on "Shop". That should be the same link (or URL) (actually it is, just without parameters).

I did, what you told me and now I can additionally see the category. But instead of the stage area there's still the "You are here: Search Result". Why does the stage area always get replaced by this "Search Result"? Although a default category has been set and nothing has been searched for?

Thank you again in advance

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 25 Nov 2015, 13:18

Innonic wrote: I did, what you told me and now I can additionally see the category. But instead of the stage area there's still the "You are here: Search Result". Why does the stage area always get replaced by this "Search Result"? Although a default category has been set and nothing has been searched for?
The problem is that the Catalog Stage plugin doesn't know about the default category you've set in the Catalog List plugin. To get the behavior you want, you need to hand over the category ID as parameter. The easiest way in TYPO3 is to create a page redirect in TYPO3 which includes the full URL with the necessary parameter.

Innonic

Post by Innonic » 25 Nov 2015, 13:43

Thank you very much! I did it the way you suggested.

But my opinion still is that an empty search result should not be the entry point of a shop. That's very irritating.
A proper start page is much more intuitive and since it already exists I don't understand why it's not the entry point.

Nevertheless this topic might be marked as closed and I am able now to continue setting up my shop.

Thank you again :)

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 25 Nov 2015, 14:10

By default, the first shop page isn't empty because it contains the first few products of the complete list (all that have been associated to a category). But this is not the best solution. Instead, a shop owner should set up a home page with a lot of pictures pointing to the different categories. This is how successful shops look like.

Innonic

Post by Innonic » 26 Nov 2015, 08:38

Yes, you're absolutely right. But there's also an empty search result or a search result that has been filled with other articles since nothing had been searched for ;)

I saw your demo at "http://typo3.demo.aimeos.org/default/f/557/Home/" and that was what I expected to see since that looks great ;)
For me as a newbie it wasn't that easy to install the shop.
So the initial page with a strange search result implicated to me, that again something went wrong.
But thanks to your help I got now what I wanted and I'm happy with it :)
And now I understand how to compose the elements.
Maybe I should have read more of the documention or I expected the wrong thing. Maybe it's because of my experience which is too little.
But I'm really appreciative for your help and I'm glad that there's a forum providing help that quickly since this is the nicest shop I've seen so far and I'm looking forward to getting it done. :D