Optional Shop Account

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
velo

Optional Shop Account

Post by velo » 05 Aug 2016, 12:48

Hi,

every checkout process creates an user account automatically, is there any chance to make this optional?
E.g. A checkbox like
[] create account
in the checkout process.
Or, as another idea: The user can set the password in the checkout process and the mail is used as username. This should be optional too.

Thanks in advance
[pb]

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Optional Shop Account

Post by aimeos » 05 Aug 2016, 14:11

Currently not. You only have the option to remove the part for creating the account via configuration or to leave it in. If you are able to extend the options subpart in the checkout summary by another subpart including a checkbox for creating an account and add the code in the checkout order account subpart to listen to this, we are happily accepting your PR :-)
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 19 Aug 2016, 19:36

1. Which setting is it that disables the user creation on checkout?
  2. How would one create a correct aimeos user account manually? I guess after the TYPO3 user account is created one would have to also store data accordingly in aimeos somehow?
  3. Is it allowed in Europe to automatically create a user account upon checkout? If so, I will most likely keep it.
  4. Is there a way to automatically add a TYPO3 frontend user group to the created frontend user? --> should be done, if the solution proposed in follow-up reply is the correct / suggested one
Last edited by andreas.allacher on 19 Aug 2016, 21:05, edited 2 times in total.

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 19 Aug 2016, 20:59

Regarding 4, I think I found out how to accomplish this, by adding:
plugin.tx_aimeos.settings.client.html.checkout.standard.order.account.standard.groupids {
0 = {usergroupId}
}

to TypoScript-Setup seems to work fine.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 20 Aug 2016, 15:45

andreas.allacher wrote:Which setting is it that disables the user creation on checkout?
Simply remove "account" from the subpart configuration:
https://aimeos.org/docs/Configuration/C ... d/subparts
andreas.allacher wrote:How would one create a correct aimeos user account manually? I guess after the TYPO3 user account is created one would have to also store data accordingly in aimeos somehow?
You can use the Aimeos customer manager to add the billing and/or delivery address details to the customer account but you don't have to. If any data is missing, the customers are asked at the checkout address page for these details and they are stored automatically in their accounts.
andreas.allacher wrote:Is it allowed in Europe to automatically create a user account upon checkout? If so, I will most likely keep it.
Not sure if there's a final decision about that and it could be different in each country. It's not a marketing e-mail so it doesn't fall into this category from a juridical point of view. If want to be 100% sure, you can extend the implementation by adding a checkbox to the summary page to allow a choice for the customer. Would be a great contribution to Aimeos :-)
andreas.allacher wrote:Is there a way to automatically add a TYPO3 frontend user group to the created frontend user? --> should be done, if the solution proposed in follow-up reply is the correct / suggested one
You've found it already :-)

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 20 Aug 2016, 16:31

I have to finish the shop I am working on first, if I have still time afterwards I might think about implementing the checkbox :)

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 20 Aug 2016, 17:20

aimeos wrote:
andreas.allacher wrote:How would one create a correct aimeos user account manually? I guess after the TYPO3 user account is created one would have to also store data accordingly in aimeos somehow?
You can use the Aimeos customer manager to add the billing and/or delivery address details to the customer account but you don't have to. If any data is missing, the customers are asked at the checkout address page for these details and they are stored automatically in their accounts.
So I would just have to create an account registration with e-mail and password and everything else I should let the user fill in during payment?
Because otherwise the use will input field unnecessary.
If I disable the auto account-creation on checkout.

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 22 Aug 2016, 21:23

Btw. am I correct and aimeos actually stores any user data in the default TYPO3 user data (fe_users) due to the decorators / modifications in ai-typo3.
So if I want to add any userregistration or account data manager (e.g. password and email changes) then I just have to use any TYPO3 extension and that is enough, the address management can be done during checkout process.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 25 Aug 2016, 10:47

andreas.allacher wrote:Btw. am I correct and aimeos actually stores any user data in the default TYPO3 user data (fe_users) due to the decorators / modifications in ai-typo3.
Yes, the ai-typo3 adapter contains the necessary manager and uses the fe_users table to create/update customer accounts.
andreas.allacher wrote:So if I want to add any userregistration or account data manager (e.g. password and email changes) then I just have to use any TYPO3 extension and that is enough, the address management can be done during checkout process.
Yes, that's the case.

derJu

Post by derJu » 09 Nov 2016, 10:10

Hi,

Could you solve that? The account is optional in the order process?

best regards
julian