Aimeos shop data migration

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
stiller

Aimeos shop data migration

Post by stiller » 22 Oct 2017, 14:26

hi there.

for the import of tx_commerce data into aimeos you are providing the separate extension "aimeos_migrate"
what is missing, is something like a 5 step tutorial how to get it going.

the description on github "This TYPO3 extension includes the setup tasks to migrate data from other shop systems into Aimeos. Simply install the TYPO3 extension and execute the Aimeos update script." seems not to be sufficient as following these instructions no data is being imported.

answers to the following questions would be helpful:
1) is aimeos-migrate also working with the current version of aimeos?
2) do I need to install tx_commerce or is it sufficient to privide tx_commerce tables in the same installation
3) what is meant with aimeos update script? extension manager > aimeos > update? this is what I have tried.
4) any other configuration settings, prerequisites needed?

many thanks in advance
Volker

stiller

Update: Aimeos shop data migration

Post by stiller » 22 Oct 2017, 20:50

Update:

On executing the update script I get the following error:

Code must not be longer than 32 characters
#0 /is/htdocs/.../www/.../typo3conf/ext/aimeos/Resources/Libraries/aimeos/aimeos-core/lib/mshoplib/src/MShop/Common/Item/Type/Standard.php(69): Aimeos\MShop\Common\Item\Base->checkCode('Waehlen Sie unt...')
#1 /is/htdocs/.../www/.../typo3conf/ext/aimeos_migrate/Resources/Private/Extensions/ai-migrate-txcommerce/lib/custom/setup/TxCommerceMigrateAttributeTypes.php(92): Aimeos\MShop\Common\Item\Type\Standard->setCode('Waehlen Sie unt...')
#2 /is/htdocs/.../www/.../typo3conf/ext/aimeos_migrate/Resources/Private/Extensions/ai-migrate-txcommerce/lib/custom/setup/TxCommerceMigrateAttributeTypes.php(57): Aimeos\MW\Setup\Task\TxCommerceMigrateAttributeTypes->update(Array)

System: TYPO3 6.2
Aimeos: 16.7.2

this seems to break the process.
any clue?

cheers
Volker

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Aimeos shop data migration

Post by aimeos » 23 Oct 2017, 11:43

Don't know if anyone used the tx_commerce migration extension in the last two years but I doubt that, so it might be out of sync. The other thing is, Aimeos 16.7 isn't supported since at least one year. You should upgrade to 17.10 LTS.

If you have a lot of products and want to use the migration from tx_commerce, please contact the guys from the Aimeos company. The have written the extension and will be able to give support: https://aimeos.com/aimeos-gmbh/contact/
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star