Is AimeOS right platform for me ? Help please

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
cypriotxx

Is AimeOS right platform for me ? Help please

Post by cypriotxx » 06 Nov 2017, 17:15

Hi There

i would like to use AimeOS to sell motorbike parts

not sure if i need a module or extension to be developed for this ,,
Product tree goes as below

supplier is=parts4less.com
Product Type = Motorbike
Brand= Honda
Model name = NC
Model title = NC750
Appellation = NC 750 POLICE
Engine Size = 750
Year = 2015
Origin Country = UK

Part Assembly Diagram= diagram image that shows parts and its numbers for different section of the bike , so it would be Diagram name and related picture and the parts related to this diagram should be listed below the image .

Part no sample=33703-MGS-D31

part no : one part number can be related to more than 1 motorbike .... for example same part might have been used 10 different other Honda models ..

http://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a/hon ... ke-caliper
or
https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces ... SPORT.html

here you can see a sample 2 site , the only thing is first one is missing they dont list the other motorbikes used the same parts...which a feature we need .

how do we go about this to enter into AimeOS please or is AimeOS is wrong platform for us ?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Is AimeOS right platform for me ? Help please

Post by aimeos » 06 Nov 2017, 18:11

cypriotxx wrote: supplier is=parts4less.com
Product Type = Motorbike
Brand= Honda
Model name = NC
Model title = NC750
Appellation = NC 750 POLICE
Engine Size = 750
Year = 2015
Origin Country = UK
Store strings that are used by more than one product as attributes (e.g. type, brand, engine size, year and country) and the others as product properties. Thus, you will automatically have a faceted search over the attributes for your customers.
cypriotxx wrote: Part Assembly Diagram= diagram image that shows parts and its numbers for different section of the bike , so it would be Diagram name and related picture and the parts related to this diagram should be listed below the image .
If you use selection products for this, assign the diagram to the selection product and associate the spare parts as articles you can either add the part number as article property or (if part numbers of the same articles are different in each diagram) use the config field of the list relation table to store the numbers.
cypriotxx wrote: part no : one part number can be related to more than 1 motorbike .... for example same part might have been used 10 different other Honda models ..

If you assign the products that share the same parts as "suggestions", it will work out of the box. But you can also extend the detail view to generate that relations automatically.
cypriotxx wrote: how do we go about this to enter into AimeOS please or is AimeOS is wrong platform for us ?
Aimeos is able to handle your requirements very well and you can adapt it totally to your needs. If you need help for implementation of one or another feature, you can ask the guys from the Aimeos company for help https://aimeos.com/aimeos-gmbh/contact/
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

cypriotxx

Post by cypriotxx » 06 Nov 2017, 18:24

Thank you so much for your reply ,

is there anyone could enter and export into file one of the products that has same part number
like here
https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/microf ... J-D30.html

this part 80100-MJJ-D30 used for more than one bike you can see it is listed

maybe someone can enter it for NC700 and NC750 models as two entry and export for us to have a good idea how to go about it please, so i can use the same pattern to import the file i have mapping all the fields correctly ?

Thank you so much for your help and time

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 07 Nov 2017, 09:55

In Aimeos, you can configure the CSV for import depending on your requirements, so you can add all data you need:
https://aimeos.org/docs/Developers/Cont ... s_from_CSV

cypriotxx

Post by cypriotxx » 07 Nov 2017, 15:41

Would you do this first 2 different bike modelentry properly just to help me to map the fields properly if i pay something towards it ?
Thank you

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 07 Nov 2017, 18:36

Like said, you can ask the Aimeos company for help if you want some things done for your project.