How do I print an invoice

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
chricken

How do I print an invoice

Post by chricken » 20 Nov 2017, 04:57

Hi,
once again, there is a problem I can't solve by reading the doc or by websearch.

The shop owner wants to wants to sell by invoice, of course.
And I can not find the workflow, how to print an invoice to enclose it to the package.

Regards
Christian

PS: I need a workflow for the simple view, as the shop owner is not an expert.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: How do I print an invoice

Post by aimeos » 20 Nov 2017, 22:11

Aimeos doesn't care about invoicing because this is something for an accounting system. You can export the Aimeos orders in the order panel and the exported file will be available afterwards in the dashboard.

Alternatively, you can add a button that generates a PDF of the order if that is enough for your customer.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

chricken

Post by chricken » 21 Nov 2017, 08:21

Hello,

a printable PDF is enough.
Is there a ready to use implementation or do I have to make it myself?

Regards
Christian

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 22 Nov 2017, 00:00

Haven't seen any generic solution for that because generating a PDF that can be adapted seems to be hard to implement

chricken

Post by chricken » 24 Nov 2017, 07:48

Okay,

I have been experimenting to generate a PDF from scratch on my own and I understand, that it is hard to do.
What I don't understand is, that shopping-software like Aimeos or tt-products, which I have used before, have such a hard time making a print-function for the invoices. That really annoys me.
Because the function to print an invoice seems very existential to me. A shop owner, who is selling by invoice (which is still payment #1 in germany), needs a simple way to get the invoice out of the software into the packet.

Do you have an alternative to print the invoice?
Maybe some BE-Plugin, thirdparty software or anything?

Regards
Christian

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 24 Nov 2017, 20:53

chricken wrote: What I don't understand is, that shopping-software like Aimeos or tt-products, which I have used before, have such a hard time making a print-function for the invoices.
For Aimeos the answer is pretty simple: Aimeos isn't optimized for extremly small shops. Instead, the main target audience are shop owners who use at least accounting software, even if it's only something like Sage or Lexware (or their online counterparts) because invoicing is really their domain. On the other end, Aimeos will scale up to millions of products and ten-thousands of orders a day in highly complex setups with numerous integrations into other systems!
chricken wrote: Do you have an alternative to print the invoice?
Maybe some BE-Plugin, thirdparty software or anything?
We have good experience with the TCPDF library which abstracts low level stuff and makes generating PDFs a lot easier.

chricken

Post by chricken » 27 Nov 2017, 13:31

aimeos wrote: For Aimeos the answer is pretty simple: Aimeos isn't optimized for extremly small shops. Instead, the main target audience are shop owners who use at least accounting software, even if it's only something like Sage or Lexware (or their online counterparts) because invoicing is really their domain. On the other end, Aimeos will scale up to millions of products and ten-thousands of orders a day in highly complex setups with numerous integrations into other systems!
That's fine for me, I just wanted to know.
Right now, I am trying your suggestions (Sage and Lexware) and both are absolutely effordable for small businesses, too.

Regards
Christian

nos3

Post by nos3 » 27 Nov 2017, 13:51

We use the SageOne web service and are pretty satisfied: https://www.sageone.de/

chricken

Post by chricken » 27 Nov 2017, 13:57

nos3 wrote:We use the SageOne web service and are pretty satisfied: https://www.sageone.de/
Thank you for the hint :)

chricken

Post by chricken » 30 Nov 2017, 11:46

nos3 wrote:We use the SageOne web service and are pretty satisfied: https://www.sageone.de/
I guess, you have connected them via the Sage API, didn't you?
I can't find anything about it in the documentation. Can anyone please give me a hint, how to send information to Sage / Lexoffice?

Regards
Christian