Customize product menu in admin

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
sixbynine

Customize product menu in admin

Post by sixbynine » 10 Jul 2018, 13:10

Hello,

I've another question. I've products with many different characteristics (around 30 will be set for each product) from differents types (around 100 available).

So encoding the "characteristics" with select list is tedious because I need to find each time the characteristic in a very long select list, they are not sorted clearly, etc.

To make it easier and cleaner for the editors, I think maybe the best option would be to divide the characteristic into sub-characteristics parts where each product submenu is related to an attribute type and where the select list of characteristics could be filtered by the related attribute type.

1/ First of all, do you think it is a good idea in the Aimeos way of thinking? Is there another option that I don't know?
2/ I tried to make it by duplicating the characteristics subpart and modifying the /myext/config/admin.php (I read this topic : laravel-package-f18/product-form-add-cu ... t1416.html )

But (stupid question) : for an unknow reason my product menu became double, the old one is still there and the new one I added in the 'jqadm' => 'product' => 'standard' => 'subparts', is added to the first one...
When I was expecting the new one will just replace the other one.

Finally, when I click on the new items in the product menu, nothing happens... so I wonder if I need to add something in the js too to load the content?

Thank you very much in advance !

sbn

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Customize product menu in admin

Post by aimeos » 10 Jul 2018, 21:47

Attribute handling is still sub-optimal if you have a large amount of attributes. Maybe we can join forces and implement a better characteristics panel in the product detail view.

How would your new panel look like? A list of attributes for each type where the combo boxes only list the attributes of that type? If you have 100 attribute types, there should be a way to select from a list of presets which hides the attribute types not available for the preset.

Regarding your question: In 2018.07, the config for the subparts uses the same name for the array index to allow adding new subparts without having to overwrite the rest. This is important for extensions. Here you can see it:
https://github.com/aimeos/ai-admin-jqad ... in.php#L95
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

sixbynine

Post by sixbynine » 18 Jul 2018, 06:15

Hello,

Sorry for my late answer.
For me the most important things would be :

- Having an option that enable dividing the "characteristics" item from the menu into sub-items based on the types of attributes with a filter in this part that only allow to choose the attribute from the given type in the select list.

- Having an option that, when enabled, allow to show the attributes in checkboxes mode instead of select lists, because it's really faster to check 5 boxes than looking for 5 items in the select lists and it is important to have complete view of the attributes available.

Thank you very much !

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 18 Jul 2018, 07:16

The later one doesn't scale. There are installations that have 1000s of attributes of the same type.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

sixbynine

Post by sixbynine » 18 Jul 2018, 09:23

Thank you very much :)
Of course, it was just an idea that will be nice in my case. I think it is good for me as an editor to have a complete view of all available values for a given type but indeed with many many attributes it would be really messy.