Aimeos Database - "mshop_order_base_product_attr" Table

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
mohal_04
Advanced

Aimeos Database - "mshop_order_base_product_attr" Table

Post by mohal_04 » 23 Sep 2018, 18:57

Laravel: 5.6
Aimeos: 2018.04
PHP: 7.1.18

Hi,

So, I need to modify each order in administration panel. I want to give administrator the flexibility to add additional notes with each order and I was going through Aimeos database to understand, which table would be best for this type of thing and I came across "mshop_order_base_product_attr" table. So, I was wondering what is the purpose of this table?

Can you please, explain what data will be stored inside "mshop_order_base_product_attr?" Because currently, it is empty on my side.

Do you guys have proper documentation for all database tables? So, I can understand purpose of each table.

Thanks!

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Aimeos Database - "mshop_order_base_product_attr" Table

Post by aimeos » 24 Sep 2018, 14:05

What kind of notes do you want to add? There's a comment field in the mshop_order_base table but that's usually for customer comments. In the mshop_order_base_product_attr and mshop_order_base_service_attr tables you can store arbitrary information (code, type, value) and for products it's used to store information about the selected attributes while in the service_attr table information about the delivery/payment services is stored.

There's no full documentation of all tables because Aimeos tables are pretty generic but there's an ERM diagram for the table relations: https://aimeos.org/docs/Developers#Database
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

mohal_04
Advanced

Post by mohal_04 » 25 Sep 2018, 12:11

aimeos wrote:What kind of notes do you want to add? There's a comment field in the mshop_order_base table but that's usually for customer comments. In the mshop_order_base_product_attr and mshop_order_base_service_attr tables you can store arbitrary information (code, type, value) and for products it's used to store information about the selected attributes while in the service_attr table information about the delivery/payment services is stored.

There's no full documentation of all tables because Aimeos tables are pretty generic but there's an ERM diagram for the table relations: https://aimeos.org/docs/Developers#Database
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, my client want to add note to each purchased item in an order. So, I guess I need to install multiple entries for single order. I shall see which tables suits this scenario. Otherwise, I shall create a new table.

Thanks!

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 25 Sep 2018, 14:46

You should then use the mshop_order_base_product_attr table where you can store arbitrary information for each product
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

mohal_04
Advanced

Post by mohal_04 » 26 Sep 2018, 09:29

aimeos wrote:You should then use the mshop_order_base_product_attr table where you can store arbitrary information for each product
OK thanks! :)