How to configure Aimeos for user-dependant prices?

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
cnoelker
Advanced

How to configure Aimeos for user-dependant prices?

Post by cnoelker » 02 Oct 2018, 15:32

Hello,
I would like to use Aimeos for a B2B shop where each user has different prices for the same product/item. I wonder what would be the best way to achieve this? Is it a good start to use a separate price_list for each customer? Or better use different site_ids?
I did not find any good documentation about the price model and the possible options. If you have a good start for me, I'd appreciate your help.
Claudia

aimeos
Administrator

Re: How to configure Aimeos for user-dependant prices?

Post by aimeos » 03 Oct 2018, 17:16

The Aimeos company is offering an extension for customer/group specific prices:
https://aimeos.com/extensions/#c823
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

cnoelker
Advanced

Post by cnoelker » 05 Oct 2018, 12:46

Thank you. Is there a demo where I can have a look at it? I'd like to make sure that this extension fulfills our needs.

nos3

Post by nos3 » 06 Oct 2018, 13:01

There's no public demo yet but you can have a look at the screenshot which contains the product price sub-panel. In the "advanced" section, you can add one or more customers and/or groups for each price. These prices will be only available for the customers or customer groups. Both, the customers and groups are used from the host system (Laravel, TYPO3, etc.). This does also work for products, categories, services and other items and where ever a price can be added.
admin-product-price-group.png
admin-product-price-group.png (128.64 KiB) Viewed 4822 times

boettner
Advanced

Post by boettner » 03 Dec 2018, 13:14

Hi aimeos and nos3,

is it possible not only to offer fixed prices for users and groups but rebates for users and groups as a percentage substracted from the standard price or a percentage from the standard price?

If thats not possible, is it possible to extend the extension by ourselves to get this functionality.

By introducing rebates for the standard price editing catalog data is simplified and possible errors for editors are reduced.

Regards
Robert.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 04 Dec 2018, 08:48

It would be no problem to allow the editors to enter rebate values in percent in the admin interface but in the database, the computed prices has to be stored. Otherwise, sorting by price won't show expected results. If that doesn't matter, you could write a basket plugin that recalculates the price including the rebate if a product is added to the basket. For the frontend (list/detail view) you would have to calculate the reduced prices either in the frontend or in the product controller.

boettner
Advanced

Post by boettner » 04 Dec 2018, 15:42

Thanks for your feedback.

That sounds like the extension might not be necessary at all.

I´ll try to explain our scenatio a little deeper. We have different customer groups which get different rebates on different product areas. It´s like a two dimensional matrix. Customer group on one axis and the product area on the other.

The product areas are notcatalog catagories. We´ll define them via product attributes that are not visible in frontend.

So my assumption is the rebate matrix gets stored in the settings array and I will have to write the mentioned basket plugin and will have to extend frontend and product controller to calculate the rebated prices in the necessary areas.

Is that a strategy?

Regards
Robert.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 05 Dec 2018, 21:13

Yes, an attribute for each product area and rebate is a good idea. You can also add customer groups to the attributes so they are only available for the right customers. Then, a basket plugin for recalculating the price in the basket is necessary.

TinaNamdev

Post by TinaNamdev » 12 Dec 2018, 07:22

If you have a good start for me, I'd appreciate your help.

nos3

Post by nos3 » 12 Dec 2018, 11:09

After you've bought the ai-customergroups extension from the Aimeos company, you can add customers or customer groups in the extended view of the price items like shown above in the thread.