No entry for product : mshop_index_catalog

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
sixbynine

No entry for product : mshop_index_catalog

Post by sixbynine » 17 Oct 2018, 12:36

Hello,

Some of the products encoded are not displayed in my aimeos website.
After I had a look on the tables, I noticed that the products not displayed have no entries in the mshop_index_catalog (but they have a category) and I guess it is the reason why they are not displayed.

I read this thread : Re: Start date - end date

And if it is correct I guess, that maybe the products with a start date in the future are not directly added to the index table resulting in not being displayed if the rebuild job has not yet be executed. Is that correct?

If it is, is this possible to change this behaviour and add the product to the index directly?
Because in my case, different people are adding products at different moments in the day and I'm not sure that running the job to rebuild the index very often is a good idea?

Thank you a lot for your help !

sbn

aimeos
Administrator

Re: No entry for product : mshop_index_catalog

Post by aimeos » 21 Oct 2018, 16:05

Yes, that's correct and you are right, products should be added to the index without restrictions. Maybe this applies also to data from referenced products (e.g. from articles of a selection product). Problematic will be adding products to the index where the catalog list item for this product has a start/end date.

Would you be able remove the "true" parameter in createSearch() method calls of MShop\Index\Manager implementations and create a PR for that?
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

sixbynine

Re: No entry for product : mshop_index_catalog

Post by sixbynine » 23 Oct 2018, 11:00

Hello,

Thank you very much for your response.
I confirm the concerned products are selection products.

I'm looking to edit the code and try to add a PR.

sbn