Theme override and create a new theme.

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
yaser-az

Theme override and create a new theme.

Post by yaser-az » 22 Apr 2019, 18:22

Hi, thank you for the great package .
However I'm trying to override the existing default (demo 1) views with a new template I already purchased from themeforest.
I read one of the threads here asking about a relevant topic, so I followed the steps and, as I understand, to override an existing template views I have to create a new folder inside

Code: Select all

Resources/views/vendor
called shop and inside it we can nest the views files .
So in order to do so, I created a new folder inside shop and call it admin and inside it I have a blade view file named index as so :

Code: Select all

Resources/views/vendor/shop/admin/index.blade.php
But unfortunately I noticed no changes in the existing views, is this the right way to override views file ? [a screenshot in the attachments]

- And is there a difference between overriding an existing views and create a new theme and link it to the package views ? Kindly if you can explain how to create a new custom theme for views.

- And if there is some resource to understand the folders and files structure, for example I cannot find the dashboard views.
I'm running PHP 7.2 Laravel 5.8 with Aimeos ~2019.04
Thank you .
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-04-22 20-38-38.png
Screenshot from 2019-04-22 20-38-38.png (20.92 KiB) Viewed 2386 times

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Theme override and create a new theme.

Post by aimeos » 23 Apr 2019, 08:43

You have to use the same directory structure below the ./resources/views/vendor/shop/ directory as in the ./ext/ai-admin-jqadm extension, i.e. ./resources/views/vendor/shop/dashboard/list-standard.blade.php for the dashboard view.

Here you can find some hints about how to overwrite templates. The docs are for the frontend but it works the same for the admin interface: https://aimeos.org/docs/Laravel#Themes
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star