Best way to create a custom template and structure

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
destroix

Best way to create a custom template and structure

Post by destroix » 06 May 2019, 01:06

I'm trying to create a custom template whose structure is completely different from the defaults, I've created an extension using the online tool and started modifying the templates one by one, which feels pretty tedious, is this the preferred approach?
I plan to have multiple stores, each with a custom template, what would be the best way to have the template determined by the site/shop?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Best way to create a custom template and structure

Post by aimeos » 06 May 2019, 08:04

It's the only approach possible if you need to change the HTML structure of the templates and it's the same in other applications. Wordpress themes usually also contains own templates for different content types.

If you want to create several web sites with different layouts (which may require different configuation) and they don't share products, you should set up one Aimeos instance for each web site. If those sites does share a lot of products, it would be possible to make the configuration (and therefore the config for the templates) site specific - theoretically
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star