Property-Based SKU

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
superscotty19

Property-Based SKU

Post by superscotty19 » 14 Jun 2019, 18:12

Hi again,

I have a catalogue where the article's properties define the SKU. That is, normally 1 product has 1 SKU. However, in this case if you get Product X in red, then it has a unique SKU ... Product X in blue has a different unique SKU ... etc.

Originally, I just created properties for UPC/SKU, and Manufacturer part number but now that the UPC/SKU and MPN are linked to colour, I'm not sure how to merge them all.

Can you please assist (thanks)?
-Scott.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Property-Based SKU

Post by aimeos » 14 Jun 2019, 21:32

Each SKU should be a single article and all articles that belong together must be variants of a selection product
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

superscotty19

Post by superscotty19 » 14 Jun 2019, 22:16

Thanks for the fast reply!

Hmm... So, that means - assuming a product is available in 10 colour options - that I have 10 separate articles? Seems messy.

Anyway, I'll follow the steps at https://aimeos.org/docs/User_Manual/Adm ... l_products and update this thread

Thanks,
-S.

superscotty19

Post by superscotty19 » 14 Jun 2019, 23:21

Ah, I see the problems!

In the docs, it says to:
1.) create a product of type "Selection" ... but I only have type Article. So, I went to Types > Products and created a new type called "Selection" but it didn't matter because ...
2.) go to the variants tab ... but I don't have a variants tab! I just have basic, images, texts, prices, stocks, categories, characteristics, options, products, physical, downloads, subscription, and special.

Help!
-S.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 15 Jun 2019, 11:52

Why don't you have only "Article" (code: "default") in the drop down for products? By default, there's "Selection" (code: "select") and three others available.

superscotty19

Post by superscotty19 » 16 Jun 2019, 04:52

Hi,

Thanks for that insight - almost exactly what I needed. It appears that codes "select", "bundle" and "voucher" were deleted from my list. Luckily, I had another (clean) install running and I could see those codes so I put them in. However, even the clean install does not have a "Variants" tab - just the same as the "broken" install. Could there be anything else missing that could cause the Variants tab to not appear?

-Scott.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 16 Jun 2019, 11:16

The "Variants" tab does only appear after you've selected "Selection" as product type in the "Basic" tab.

superscotty19

Post by superscotty19 » 17 Jun 2019, 20:10

Ohhhhhh!!!!!!!

I did not discern that from the documentation. It is working now, but the variant's SKU and/or Label are not showing in the product detail. I see that a variant becomes a regular product (how do I know which product is a variant and which is a "master"?). So, I go to the variant product's characteristics and I set the UPC/SKU for that product. However, when I go the catalogue, the Properties dropdown has a mess of Properties (some SKUs, some MPNs, but not all). How do I make it so that when I click on a specific variation of the product, I get the details for that varaint?

Also, I'm getting the following error when I save a selection product, and I've triple checked that there is nothing duplicated. I created a Selection product with 20 Variants, all completely unique SKU/Label/attributes. When I click save, one of them turns red but doesn't say what is wrong. When I click the "eyeball" to view it, it takes me to another (completely unrelated) product. It's as if there's a duplicate, but I know that no 2 products have the same SKU/label. If I deleted the "error" variant, then the next one becomes "error"'d. I delete it ... then the next one ... then the next ... and then I can click save. I now have 14/20 variants saved. So then I go back to the Variants and re-add only 1 of the "error" variants, then click save - it works. I then re-add another, and another, etc. All 20 are now there. Why do I have to go 1-by-1; why won't they just save as 1 batch?

Thanks,
-S.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 18 Jun 2019, 09:37

superscotty19 wrote: I did not discern that from the documentation. It is working now, but the variant's SKU and/or Label are not showing in the product detail. I see that a variant becomes a regular product (how do I know which product is a variant and which is a "master"?). So, I go to the variant product's characteristics and I set the UPC/SKU for that product. However, when I go the catalogue, the Properties dropdown has a mess of Properties (some SKUs, some MPNs, but not all). How do I make it so that when I click on a specific variation of the product, I get the details for that varaint?
You should name your article labels accordingly or use a scheme for your SKUs where you can identify selection products and articles. In the detail view, the SKU and article label isn't shown because the details are from the selection product. Some article details like images, prices, attributes and properties are shown after the customer selected all variant attributes (additionally to the selection attributes and properties in the characteristics section for example).

After the customer added the product to the basket, the SKU of the article in shown in the basket and stored later in the order. Alternatively, you can also display the articles directly in current dev-master version configuring that template: https://github.com/aimeos/ai-client-htm ... n-list.php
superscotty19 wrote: Also, I'm getting the following error when I save a selection product, and I've triple checked that there is nothing duplicated. I created a Selection product with 20 Variants, all completely unique SKU/Label/attributes. When I click save, one of them turns red but doesn't say what is wrong. When I click the "eyeball" to view it, it takes me to another (completely unrelated) product. It's as if there's a duplicate, but I know that no 2 products have the same SKU/label. If I deleted the "error" variant, then the next one becomes "error"'d. I delete it ... then the next one ... then the next ... and then I can click save. I now have 14/20 variants saved. So then I go back to the Variants and re-add only 1 of the "error" variants, then click save - it works. I then re-add another, and another, etc. All 20 are now there. Why do I have to go 1-by-1; why won't they just save as 1 batch?
Tried that ourselves but it worked without problems. Can you make a video so we see what data you are entering?

superscotty19

Post by superscotty19 » 18 Jun 2019, 21:27

1.) Separating variant from master: OK, that's what I thought. I just gave the variant a unique label and all is well. Thanks for confirming.

2.) SKUs appearing in frontend: Ah yes! I set the stock, added to basket, and I see the SKU. However, the Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) Property that I defined is acting weird. When I click on the product, I see the "Properties" accordion but when I click it, *all* the MPN properties for all the variants appear. Even if I select a variant, the accordion still shows all MPNs. How can I make it so that I only see the MPN that applies to the selected variant?

3.) The weird error: Next time it happens, I'll definitely get you that info - thanks!