How to add x2, x4, ... product bundles

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
KevinPopkorn

How to add x2, x4, ... product bundles

Post by KevinPopkorn » 17 Jun 2019, 12:47

Hi,

I can't seem to find how to do this, but how can I make a bundle that contains multiples of a product?
We want to have on our website a product that's for example: 30 euros for 1, but 50 euros for 2. I thought I would make the product as an article, and then create bundles with multiples of that article but it seems that's not possible.

Or can we make multiple articles draw from the same stock?

What's the recommended way to implement this case?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: How to add x2, x4, ... product bundles

Post by aimeos » 18 Jun 2019, 07:26

What you want is called block pricing or multi-tier pricing. Simply create several prices for your article and use a quantity of 1, 2, 4, ... for the associated price item in the price sub-panel. If a customer then adds the product to the basket, the price according to the minimum quantity is used instead of the price for one.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

KevinPopkorn

Post by KevinPopkorn » 18 Jun 2019, 10:31

Alright, thanks for the info. Can we still have that as a seperate product show up in the list?
As shown in attachment.
If not I'll opt with out PM to just use the "price per 2, 4, ..." way.

Unrelated question: How do we change the order of products in the unordered list to show in a default way that we can choose? I saw people talk about "Position" before but I can't find this in the product settings or list.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 12.30.59.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 12.30.59.png (66.67 KiB) Viewed 1771 times
Last edited by KevinPopkorn on 18 Jun 2019, 12:51, edited 2 times in total.

KevinPopkorn

Post by KevinPopkorn » 18 Jun 2019, 10:46

The issue here is that we want the stock levels to be linked across all these bundles.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 19 Jun 2019, 08:16

There's currently no way to define that a bundle contains e.g. 4x article A. It could be stored in the mshop_product_list.config field for the record but the admin interface and the basket frontend controller must be adapted to get this working. Contributions welcome :-)

Regarding positions: They are managed in the catalog panel -> product tab
Please keep in mind that they are only for category product listings and the default list page is a search result page that is ordered by relevance, not position (even if it's named the same in search result and category pages).
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star