Blank 'My Account' page after default install....Why?

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
david.horner

Blank 'My Account' page after default install....Why?

Post by david.horner » 07 Aug 2019, 17:16

Hi
Everything was looking good after I gave up to Composer on linode, did a local install and ftp'd to the linode server.
Then my first run round the site, I log in and go to 'My Account' to see a blank page.
So first job as a developer is to get dropped right into the deep end and immediately have to learn your framework, class methods and every other brick wall you have made, just to have a presentable 'My Account' page.
WHY ?
You have put me right off Aimeos, sorry.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Blank 'My Account' page after default install....Why?

Post by aimeos » 08 Aug 2019, 07:04

The MyAccount page contains the order history, the product favorites and watched products. As long as there are no orders or liked products, nothing is shown. In 2019.10 you will see the billing and delivery addresses if available.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

david.horner

Post by david.horner » 08 Aug 2019, 10:41

Thanks for your reply.
As a user of any system I have registered with, I would expect to go to the 'My Account' page to change the spelling of my name or change my password. But there was nothing. Not even an 'add address' option.
Aimeos is only going to succeed if you get developers like me on board and forcing us to bang our heads against yet another 50 level deep class hierarchy as step one of creating a basic working webshop is not going to help your cause.
I would love to see Aimeos become a proper alternative to Magento and would like ultimately to contribute by adding a decent end user wysiwyg page editor, but I cant afford weeks just to create my first simple presentable shop.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 09 Aug 2019, 13:58

You can use this Laravel package for CMS functionality:
https://github.com/GrafiteInc/CMS
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star