Popup / lightbox payments

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
flomo

Popup / lightbox payments

Post by flomo » 06 Nov 2019, 10:51

Some payment gateways offer lightbox payments, where the payment form opens in a popup window and payment negotiations occur over Javascript (for example Datatrans). I wasn't able to find out, if this is supported in Aimeos.

I checked the code of Omnipay and its concrete gateway implementation (Datatrans, in my case). There is support for both, the redirect as well as the lightbox mode. I'm just not sure, how (and if) this is implemented in Aimeos standard and onepage checkout.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Popup / lightbox payments

Post by aimeos » 06 Nov 2019, 18:39

The Datatrans payment provider in the ai-payments extension only supports the redirect mode AFAIK
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

flomo

Post by flomo » 07 Nov 2019, 18:29

The Datatrans payment provider in the ai-payments extension only supports the redirect mode AFAIK
The implementation has a lightbox mode: https://github.com/academe/omnipay-data ... htbox-mode

But I was more wondering, if and how such a function could be enabled in Aimeos. I checked the checkout templates and only found out, that Aimeos checkout builds a form based on the extension parameters. This would imply, that only redirect modes can be used with Aimeos (with any Omnipay extension)?

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 09 Nov 2019, 10:43

I think you have to extend the Datatrans service provider to create the HTML/JS that is required for lightbox mode just like the Stripe provider does:
- https://github.com/aimeoscom/ai-payment ... e.php#L187
- https://github.com/aimeoscom/ai-payment ... #L217-L302

flomo

Post by flomo » 09 Nov 2019, 15:16

I think you have to extend the Datatrans service provider to create the HTML/JS that is required for lightbox mode just like the Stripe provider does:
I'm a bit confused. It would indeed help to see this implemented in any provider, that's why I also tried out other payment methods. But I have Stripe installed and the payment page is only added as an additional step in the checkout process, there is no popup:
Attachments
aimeos-stripe.jpg
aimeos-stripe.jpg (78.39 KiB) Viewed 1733 times

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 10 Nov 2019, 11:59

It looks the same bit is totally different in the backend because the form is created via Javascript and also the communication between the client and the Stripe server is AJAX only compared to a redirect to the payment gateway server in traditional mode.