Translation suggestion

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
Bevi

Translation suggestion

Post by Bevi » 21 Nov 2017, 14:01

Laravel 2017.10

Hello Sir,
today I received a new pricelist which have 2 description fields, one in french and the other one in german.
I'd like to show the french description to french users and show the german one to everyone else, no matter if they're english, italians, or whatever.
So, what I did was creating the following columns

As you can see, I left the "German/all languages" field empty, on purpose.

By doing so, the french people will see both description, and I don't want this to happen.
What can I do to force french people to only see the french description and let everyone else see the german one?
Any suggestion? :roll:

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Translation suggestion

Post by aimeos » 22 Nov 2017, 00:09

If you add the German translation as product label, it will be shown to all customers who didn't select a different language. French translation will be shown if "fr" is choosen.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

Bevi

Post by Bevi » 22 Nov 2017, 13:18

aimeos wrote:If you add the German translation as product label, it will be shown to all customers who didn't select a different language. French translation will be shown if "fr" is choosen.
Sorry, maybe I did not say it clear enough. :?
I'd like to show the german column to everyone (germans, italians, arabs, and so on), except the french people.
Because what would happen in the example I showed you is that french people would see both columns, the french one, and the german one.
Do you have any suggestion to help me solve this problem? :)

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 22 Nov 2017, 22:24

If you use the German translation as >>> product label <<< it will be overwritten by the French name. But this does only work with the product name. For all other texts, both translations are shown.

The best option will be to define "de" as default language by moving the site/language/currency combination with "de" as language to the first position in the Locale tab of the admin interface.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star