Laravel - Order quantity update

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
mohal_04
Advanced

Laravel - Order quantity update

Post by mohal_04 » 20 Sep 2018, 21:03

Laravel: 5.6
Aimeos: 2018.04
PHP: 7.1.18

Hi,

So, how administrator of the website can update quantity of products in an order? Please, let me know if you don't understand my question.

Thanks!

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Laravel - Order quantity update

Post by aimeos » 21 Sep 2018, 12:28

An order is a fixed set of data where you can only change status values but not the quantity or prices or other data that are relevant for the price the customer has already paid.

If you use Aimeos more like an offer tool without the necessity for the customer to pay directly, you can adapt the admin client and template for the order item panel to make that changable and save it in the database again.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

mohal_04
Advanced

Post by mohal_04 » 21 Sep 2018, 20:17

aimeos wrote:An order is a fixed set of data where you can only change status values but not the quantity or prices or other data that are relevant for the price the customer has already paid.

If you use Aimeos more like an offer tool without the necessity for the customer to pay directly, you can adapt the admin client and template for the order item panel to make that changable and save it in the database again.
Hi,

I get what you say but what if someone purchased 4 pair of shoes and then want to return 1 pair of shoes. Does Aimeos deal this kind of scenario? We will obviously refund him for 1 pair of shoes but how can we edit it in Order details?

I hope I was able to clear my point of view.

Thanks!

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 24 Sep 2018, 13:59

Retoure management is not part of Aimeos as it's normally done within the ERP or order management system but you can adapt Aimeos on your own to achieve what you might need.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star