Order ID versus Invoice ID

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
cnoelker
Advanced

Order ID versus Invoice ID

Post by cnoelker » 04 Sep 2019, 13:03

I set the autoincrement value for the mshop_order table to a higher starting value. This works fine.

When I am in the Admin interface and go to Order, then I see a list with the IDs from the mshop_order table. Fine.
But when I click on one item, then the headline contains the $basket->getId(), which is a small number.
The content is e.g. "Order 54 - 24.20 EUR (default)"
When I switch to Invoice, then I can see the correct number, e.g. 21000003.

Does the ID field of mshop_order table contain the invoice IDs and the baseid field is the real order ID?

In the order confirmation mail to the customer, the ID from mshop_order is used and it's referenced as 'order ID'.

This confuses me.
Could you please clarify on this? And maybe change of the value in 'Order [basket-id]' to the real Order ID?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Order ID versus Invoice ID

Post by aimeos » 04 Sep 2019, 16:35

Yes, that's a bit confusing as the basket ID and the order ID are a bit mixed in the order panel of the admin interface. We plan to merge mshop_order and mshop_order_base table in 2020.x because it's confusing and there's no real use case where it needs to be separate.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star