missmatch role group rights etc.

Questions around the Aimeos bundle for the Symfony framework
Forum rules
Always add your Symfony, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
MSchrading

missmatch role group rights etc.

Post by MSchrading » 15 Jan 2020, 08:09

Hello together.

First of all I'm just starting with aimeos shop bundle and the first difficulty I found was the wording of the term roles and groups. Often ment group but also we have a real role behavier for ROLE_ADMIN which meants one user with this ROLE ADMIN can be logged in into the aimeos backend. And this ROLE can not be given in the backend group assignment! I can have a group admin but this doesn't mean I have the ROLE_ADMIN rights!

The second difficulty for me has been the fact, that I can not set the ROLE_ADMIN for a user inside the aimeos backend but only on the command line interface with

Code: Select all

php ./bin/console aimeos:account --admin email@address.com
in there --admin means the GROUP admin and not the ROLE_ADMIN! ROLE_ADMIN will be then given anyway.

My question is how to set or withdraw a ROLE_ADMIN for a given user from within the backend?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: missmatch role group rights etc.

Post by aimeos » 15 Jan 2020, 08:14

MSchrading wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 08:09 My question is how to set or withdraw a ROLE_ADMIN for a given user from within the backend?
Every backend user needs ROLE_ADMIN and the group you assign to them gives them different permission in the admin interface. Unfortunately, you can set the role in the backend. The FOS User Bundle has two command to add and remove the role only:

Code: Select all

fos:user:demote                         Demote a user by removing a role
  fos:user:promote                        Promotes a user by adding a role
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star