Product search function problems - possible bug?

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
xarga

Product search function problems - possible bug?

Post by xarga » 02 Apr 2020, 00:24

Firstly, I ran into the same problems as other users with the search function not searching across the entire product catalog. I had set a default category for the home page to "Catering Pickup Menu" because of Covid19 changing peoples buying behavior. However they could not find products in other categories (Bakery for example) and I know there's been a huge thread devoted to this topic. As a work around, I changed the home page to redirect to this category.

Issue 1)
However, if now for example I search for "croissant" I can see the type ahead dropdown list of products with that word. If I click on Chocolate Croissant I get the detail page for that product. BUT if I just hit the "GO" Submit button on the search I get a 500 server error - with this error dialog:

Illuminate\Routing\Exceptions\UrlGenerationException
Missing required parameters for [Route: aimeos_shop_tree] [URI: shop/{f_name}~{f_catid}].
https://shop.thefrenchgourmet.com/shop? ... =croissant
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Illuminate\Routing\Exceptions\UrlGenerationException::forMissingParameters
:17
vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Exceptions/UrlGenerationException.php:17

Code: Select all

<?php
namespace Illuminate\Routing\Exceptions;

use Exception;

class UrlGenerationException extends Exception

{
    /**
     * Create a new exception for missing route parameters.
     * @param  \Illuminate\Routing\Route  $route
     * @return static
     */

public static function forMissingParameters($route)

{
        return new static("Missing required parameters for [Route: {$route->getName()}] [URI: {$route->uri()}].");
    }

}
Issue 2) The problem is further complicated on mobile devices. If I search for say "croissant" while in any category and then clear the search using the X on the search field and then switch to any other category, the work croissant returns and no matter how many times I try to clear it or try to go to any other category the word "croissant" keeps coming back and filtering the products in that category.

Note that I am testing this on an iPhone 6 plus. This behavior (issue 2) doesn't happen on my development Windows PC running Chrome browser.

I have not changed any of the standard catalog function - just cosmetic changes, mainly in CSS. You can test on shop.thefrenchgourmet.com

Is this a bug or something wrong with my configuration?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Product search function problems - possible bug?

Post by aimeos » 03 Apr 2020, 10:43

xarga wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 00:24 Firstly, I ran into the same problems as other users with the search function not searching across the entire product catalog. I had set a default category for the home page to "Catering Pickup Menu" because of Covid19 changing peoples buying behavior. However they could not find products in other categories (Bakery for example) and I know there's been a huge thread devoted to this topic. As a work around, I changed the home page to redirect to this category.
The problem with setting a default category globaly is exactly that problem:
It's used in all list views and limits the products to exactly this category.
The better approach is to copy these lines to your HomeController class for the home page:
https://github.com/aimeos/aimeos-larave ... hp#L70-L77

There you can add this additional line in front:

app( 'aimeos.context' )->getConfig()->set( 'client/html/catalog/lists/catid-default', '...' );
This will use the default category ID only for the listing at the home page, not for the other ones.
xarga wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 00:24 Issue 1)
However, if now for example I search for "croissant" I can see the type ahead dropdown list of products with that word. If I click on Chocolate Croissant I get the detail page for that product. BUT if I just hit the "GO" Submit button on the search I get a 500 server error - with this error dialog:
Maybe it solves this issue too.
xarga wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 00:24 Issue 2) The problem is further complicated on mobile devices. If I search for say "croissant" while in any category and then clear the search using the X on the search field and then switch to any other category, the work croissant returns and no matter how many times I try to clear it or try to go to any other category the word "croissant" keeps coming back and filtering the products in that category.

Note that I am testing this on an iPhone 6 plus. This behavior (issue 2) doesn't happen on my development Windows PC running Chrome browser.
Hard to say. Most likely, Safari behaves differently then Chrome. If it's related to the HTML and you find a solution, please create a PR on Github so we can fix it.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

xarga

Post by xarga » 03 Apr 2020, 20:26

this doesn't work it just defaults to the root category

Per your suggestion in app/Http/Controllers/HomeController.php I have:

public function index()
    {
        app( 'aimeos.context' )->getConfig()->set( 'client/html/catalog/lists/catid-default', '21' );
        return view('home');
    }
I don't have a default category defined in config/shop.php
I did have the following in routes/web.php which was my workaround for the problem and that was functioning OK::

Route::get('/', function () {
    return redirect('shop/Catering_Pick_Up_Menu~21');
});

Auth::routes();
I found that the search problems are not just limited to safari and mobile
Please try this to see the behavior for yourself - using Chrome

1) Go to https://shop.thefrenchgourmet.com
2) Search for the word "croissant" and press GO
3) You should get results because there are products with this term on the root page
4) Clear the word from the search box and select the category "Individual Meals"
5) Notice the word returns to the search box and clearing it does not clear the filter from the URL so no products can be seen in that category
6) If I clear the word "croissant" again AND press GO now I get the error page as before

Shouldn't clearing the search box also regenerate the URL?

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 04 Apr 2020, 08:53

xarga wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 20:26 Per your suggestion in app/Http/Controllers/HomeController.php I have:

public function index()
    {
        app( 'aimeos.context' )->getConfig()->set( 'client/html/catalog/lists/catid-default', '21' );
        return view('home');
    }
You've not copied the lines from the catalog controller we've linked to, so it doesn't work.
xarga wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 20:26 Shouldn't clearing the search box also regenerate the URL?
Clearing the search box only clears the search box up to now but doesn't reload the page. When comparing to Magento, they keep the value of the search field too when you select a category so the behavior is exactly the same.

Aimeos contains an option to enforce the category in full text search (https://github.com/aimeos/ai-client-htm ... hp#L18-L34) but not an option to skip the full text search if you click on a category. You can do that by unsetting the "f_search" parameter in the tree partial:
https://github.com/aimeos/ai-client-htm ... d.php#L111

xarga

Post by xarga » 09 Apr 2020, 02:04

I now have in /ext/myshop/client/html/templates/catalog/filter/tree-partial-standard

<?php /* MOD RMP <a class="cat-item" href="<?= $enc->attr( $this->url( ( $item->getTarget() ?: $target ), $controller, $action, $params, [], $config ) ); ?>"> END MOD RMP */?>
                 <a class="cat-item" href="<?= $enc->attr( $this->url( $item->getTarget() ?: $target, $controller, $action, array_merge( $this->get( 'params', [] ), ['f_name' => $item->getName( 'url' ), 'f_catid' => $item->getId()] ), [], $config ) ); ?>"><!--
					--><div class="media-list"><!--
in app/Http/Controllers/HomeController.php I have:

public function index()
  {

foreach( app( 'config' )->get( 'shop.page.catalog-list' ) as $name )
        {
            $params['aiheader'][$name] = Shop::get( $name )->getHeader();
            $params['aibody'][$name] = Shop::get( $name )->getBody();
        }

return Response::view( 'shop::catalog.list', $params )
            ->header( 'Cache-Control', 'private, max-age=10' );

// return view('home');
    }
But after clearing cache nothing has changed.

The search function still unusable in a production environment.

Any search for a product leaves the search term in the box. Clearing the search and changing categories brings the search term back and nothing is found if the category doesn't contain it. Clearing the search in the new category and pressing GO in an attempt to show all products in the category causes an error:

Missing required parameters for [Route: aimeos_shop_tree] [URI: shop/{f_name}~{f_catid}].
http://localhost:8000/shop?_token=QHse5vY42gCJYpjaG3al1ZDJblBUUn59PysnXtZQ&f_catid=14&f_search=

C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Routing\Exceptions\UrlGenerationException.php:17

<?php

use Exception;

{
    /**
     * @return static
     */

{
        return new static("Missing required parameters for [Route: {$route->getName()}] [URI: {$route->uri()}].");
    }
}

Finally if I search for a word that doesn't exist in the category I get a normal "No articles found for "keyword". Please try again with a different keyword" but if I search for a word that is in the category but instead of selecting from the pre-emptive dropdown options I just hit GO I get a similar error also

http://localhost:8000/shop?_token=QHse5vY42gCJYpjaG3al1ZDJblBUUn59PysnXtZQ&f_catid=11&f_search=chocolate

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 10 Apr 2020, 12:33

xarga wrote: 09 Apr 2020, 02:04 I now have in /ext/myshop/client/html/templates/catalog/filter/tree-partial-standard

<?php /* MOD RMP <a class="cat-item" href="<?= $enc->attr( $this->url( ( $item->getTarget() ?: $target ), $controller, $action, $params, [], $config ) ); ?>"> END MOD RMP */?>
                 <a class="cat-item" href="<?= $enc->attr( $this->url( $item->getTarget() ?: $target, $controller, $action, array_merge( $this->get( 'params', [] ), ['f_name' => $item->getName( 'url' ), 'f_catid' => $item->getId()] ), [], $config ) ); ?>"><!--
					--><div class="media-list"><!--
This doesn't remove the f_search parameter because it's still in $this->get( 'params', [] )

Here's working code for app/Http/Controllers/HomeController.php:

namespace App\Http\Controllers;

use Aimeos\Shop\Facades\Shop;
use Illuminate\Support\Facades\Response;

class HomeController extends Controller
{
    public function index()
    {
        app( 'aimeos.context' )->get()->getConfig()->set( 'client/html/catalog/lists/catid-default', '21' );

foreach( app( 'config' )->get( 'shop.page.catalog-list' ) as $name )
        {
            $params['aiheader'][$name] = Shop::get( $name )->getHeader();
            $params['aibody'][$name] = Shop::get( $name )->getBody();
        }

return Response::view( 'shop::catalog.list', $params )
            ->header( 'Cache-Control', 'private, max-age=10' );
    }
}
The HomeController is used by default for /home. To use it for /, you have to change the routes/web.php to:

Route::get('/', 'HomeController@index')->name('home');
xarga wrote: 09 Apr 2020, 02:04 Finally if I search for a word that doesn't exist in the category I get a normal "No articles found for "keyword". Please try again with a different keyword" but if I search for a word that is in the category but instead of selecting from the pre-emptive dropdown options I just hit GO I get a similar error also
The standard setup doesn't behave like that. What's the complete stack trace?

xarga

Post by xarga » 13 Apr 2020, 07:43

Here's the request and stack trace

Request
URL
http://localhost:8000/shop?_token=Ob4l9 ... cheesecake
Method
GET
--------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\
http://localhost:8000/shop?_token=Ob4l9IMW2uHtcM29MnLGfJ47ivN0gQpEb9vyat7N&f_catid=11&f_search=cheesecake
Stack trace
Request
App
User
Context
Debug

Collapse vendor frames
C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Routing\Exceptions\UrlGenerationException.php
C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Routing\RouteUrlGenerator.php
Illuminate\Routing\RouteUrlGenerator
:91
Illuminate\Routing\UrlGenerator
:436
Illuminate\Routing\UrlGenerator
:417
Aimeos\MW\View\Helper\Url\Laravel5
:61

1 unknown frame
C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\vendor\aimeos\aimeos-core\lib\mwlib\src\MW\View\Standard.php
Aimeos\MW\View\Standard
:88
:150
Aimeos\MW\View\Standard
:257
Aimeos\MW\View\Standard
:239
Aimeos\Client\Html\Catalog\Lists\Standard
:207
Aimeos\Shop\Controller\CatalogController
:73

1 unknown frame
C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Routing\Controller.php
Illuminate\Routing\Controller
:54
Illuminate\Routing\ControllerDispatcher
:45
Illuminate\Routing\Route
:219
Illuminate\Routing\Route
:176
Illuminate\Routing\Router
:681
Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline
:130
Illuminate\Routing\Middleware\SubstituteBindings
:41
:171
Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Middleware\VerifyCsrfToken
:76
Illuminate\View\Middleware\ShareErrorsFromSession
:49
Illuminate\Session\Middleware\StartSession
:56
Illuminate\Cookie\Middleware\AddQueuedCookiesToResponse
:37
Illuminate\Cookie\Middleware\EncryptCookies
:66
:105
:683
:658
:624
:613
Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel
:170
:130
Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Middleware\TransformsRequest
:21
Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Middleware\TransformsRequest
Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Middleware\ValidatePostSize
:27
Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Middleware\CheckForMaintenanceMode
:63
Fideloper\Proxy\TrustProxies
:57
:105
:145
:110
:55
C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Routing\Exceptions\UrlGenerationException.php:17

<?php

use Exception;

{
    /**
     * @return static
     */

{
    }
}

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 15 Apr 2020, 06:46

Unfortunately, the stack strace is incomplete. We need the stack trace as generated by PHP, not displayed by Laravel.