Discount (Percentage) for user / usergroup

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
andreas.allacher

Discount (Percentage) for user / usergroup

Post by andreas.allacher » 19 Aug 2016, 19:50

Some users in our webshop get a percentage discount by default.
Is this possible?
Do I need this extension: Customer or customer group specific items
to achieve this. Or to be more correct can I achieve this with that extension because it only says prices itself but doens't mention discounts.

To get certain payment / delivery options only for certain customers/customer groups I definitely need that extension, don't I?

If I buy that extension, is that a lifetime license and on how many websites can I use it?
I just saw that it includes updates for a year but the paid version can be used forever?
Is there a discount available after that year is over to buy further updates?

nos3

Re: Discount (Percentage) for user / usergroup

Post by nos3 » 20 Aug 2016, 10:51

andreas.allacher wrote:Some users in our webshop get a percentage discount by default.
Is this possible? Do I need this extension: Customer or customer group specific items
to achieve this.
You have two option:
1.) If your customers get the discount as soon as they add something to the basket, you can implement a basket plugin to apply the discount as needed
2.) If your customer should see the discounted prices as soon as they are logged in, you need to add the discounted prices besides the regular ones and assign a customer group to these discounted prices. They will then be shown instead of the regular ones if a customer is in the assigned group

Aimeos doesn't have a concept of default discounts per customer (they are only based on coupon codes). Instead, everything is based on different prices depending on the situation because they can be psychological correct (2.99 instead of 3.01). The best option is to create an importer for these data which calculates the discounts upfront.
andreas.allacher wrote:To get certain payment / delivery options only for certain customers/customer groups I definitely need that extension, don't I?
Yes, for this you need the customer groups extension.
andreas.allacher wrote:If I buy that extension, is that a lifetime license and on how many websites can I use it?
I just saw that it includes updates for a year but the paid version can be used forever?
Is there a discount available after that year is over to buy further updates?
You can use the extension as long as you want. The license you buy grants you access to all versions of the extension (former and future) incl. bugfixes and security updates for one year. After that year, you can decide to stay with the version you use but you should remember, you won't get any bugfixes or security updates any more if you don't renew the license!

The license is per project, which means for one website. It doesn't matter if it's available via several URLs and you can also use the extension on as many development/preview/testing environments as you need. For another project, you need a new license.

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 20 Aug 2016, 11:19

Is the update to the extension cheaper than the original price?

If I want to go with number 1, I just need to create a discount basket plugin bascially?

nos3

Post by nos3 » 21 Aug 2016, 16:21

andreas.allacher wrote:Is the update to the extension cheaper than the original price?
There's no final decision yet but I think so.
andreas.allacher wrote:If I want to go with number 1, I just need to create a discount basket plugin bascially?
Yes, you do.

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 21 Aug 2016, 18:32

nos3 wrote:
andreas.allacher wrote:Is the update to the extension cheaper than the original price?
There's no final decision yet but I think so.
Great because though I think the plugin provides really useful features and I am willing to pay for them, if I have to pay the full price per year it is too expensive and I might try to make the interesting features work with new aimeos versions myself but it is better if it is maintened by the aimeos team :)

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 21 Aug 2016, 20:41

In regards to the completely different prices for a user/usergroup (which we will probably need additional to the discount option):
Will those prices also be activated if one uses the same e-mail address but is not logged in - as the order will be connected to the not logged in user? Personally, I think that shouldn't be the case because otherwise a wrong person might "borrow" a discount.
Just a wrongly connected order, however, will not really impact anyone :)

nos3

Post by nos3 » 22 Aug 2016, 08:50

To show different prices for user groups, customers have to log in first. If they log in at the checkout process, prices can be updated automatically (ProductPrice plugin). If they prefer the guest checkout, the standard prices will be used as for anybody else who isn't in any customer group.