Installation: missing table and double branch-tree

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
Tomas

Installation: missing table and double branch-tree

Post by Tomas » 10 Mar 2015, 16:52

Hi,
after installation of the shopware and the distribution according to the instruction I pushed the update button in the extensionmanager. In the protocol of the update I found the following information:

" failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db563301863.static_countries' doesn't exist

Indeed, having a look at the db, I couldn´t find this table. I repeated the update with the same result.
Nevertheless I went on with the installing procedere by installing

Aimeos-pages_one-column_2.1.t3d

After that I found the branch-tree of Aimeos 2 times! on directly under id=0 and another under id=1, which is my root. I attached a picture to show it.
After that I tried to have a look at the frontend. The first click showed the choosen page, but any click on that page only let to this message:
"Reason: Segment "list" was not a keyword for a postVarSet as expected on page with id=0."
"list" could be any page I tried to address.
Somebody there knowing an explanation and advice?

Tomas
Attachments
tree.jpg
tree.jpg (47.41 KiB) Viewed 7589 times

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Installation: missing table and double branch-tree

Post by aimeos » 10 Mar 2015, 17:46

Hi Tomas
Tomas wrote: after installation of the shopware and the distribution according to the instruction I pushed the update button in the extensionmanager. In the protocol of the update I found the following information:

" failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db563301863.static_countries' doesn't exist

Indeed, having a look at the db, I couldn´t find this table. I repeated the update with the same result.
Nevertheless I went on with the installing procedere by installing
The strange thing about this is that you have been able to install the Aimeos extension without being notified that you also have to install static_info_tables as well. Please install the static_info_tables extension from TER and then it will work as expected.
Tomas wrote: Aimeos-pages_one-column_2.1.t3d

After that I found the branch-tree of Aimeos 2 times! on directly under id=0 and another under id=1, which is my root. I attached a picture to show it.
After that I tried to have a look at the frontend. The first click showed the choosen page, but any click on that page only let to this message:
"Reason: Segment "list" was not a keyword for a postVarSet as expected on page with id=0."
"list" could be any page I tried to address.
Did you've installed the extension or the distribution? If you've installed the distribution, the page tree is already imported into your TYPO3 installation and you don't need to import the .t3d file again. To fix this, simply delete both page trees and install the distribution again OR import the page tree from the .t3d file. To be able to delete the whole tree and not only page by page, you need to check the option for this in your TYPO3 user profile.

Tomas

Post by Tomas » 11 Mar 2015, 05:37

The strange thing about this is that you have been able to install the Aimeos extension without being notified that you also have to install static_info_tables as well. Please install the static_info_tables extension from TER and then it will work as expected.
Thanks for the advice. That´s strange, indeed, because I had got the message from the extension-manager, that static_info_tables had been installed. But that doesn´t seem to be "the full truth". Additionally to the automatic installation of necessary extensions it seems to be necessary to update static_info_table in order to create the database.
Regarding this there might be placed an advice into the installation guidelines.
Did you've installed the extension or the distribution? If you've installed the distribution, the page tree is already imported into your TYPO3 installation and you don't need to import the .t3d file again. To fix this, simply delete both page trees and install the distribution again OR import the page tree from the .t3d file. To be able to delete the whole tree and not only page by page, you need to check the option for this in your TYPO3 user profile.
Indeed, I installed the distribution first and than, additionally, the .t3d file. But there is a reason for my doing: After installing the distribution I saw absolutely nothing in the tree. Updating the tree, flushing the cache and restarting typo3 didn´t change anything on that. Therefor I installed the t3d file additionally and after doing that, suddenly both trees appeared.
It´s the same right now: As you told me, I deleted both trees and reinstalled the distribution first. Again nothing changed in the tree. Now I removed the distribution again and installed the t3d file only. But that doesn´t work either. Choosing the pages in the frontend I only got this message:
Page Not Found Reason: Segment "[file]" was not a keyword for a postVarSet as expected on page with id=0.
What´s going wrong with my installation trials?
What do I have to do to get a visible result after installing the Aimeos dist.?

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 11 Mar 2015, 07:29

Tomas wrote: Additionally to the automatic installation of necessary extensions it seems to be necessary to update static_info_table in order to create the database. Regarding this there might be placed an advice into the installation guidelines.
OK, we will add this to the documentation to prevent others from this pitfall in the future
Tomas wrote: Indeed, I installed the distribution first and than, additionally, the .t3d file. But there is a reason for my doing: After installing the distribution I saw absolutely nothing in the tree. Updating the tree, flushing the cache and restarting typo3 didn´t change anything on that. Therefor I installed the t3d file additionally and after doing that, suddenly both trees appeared.
Which TYPO3 version are you using and how did you've installed the Aimeos distribution/extension? By downloading it from the TER and installing it manually or by using the extension manager to fetch it automatically?

Tomas

Post by Tomas » 11 Mar 2015, 09:24

Which TYPO3 version are you using and how did you've installed the Aimeos distribution/extension? By downloading it from the TER and installing it manually or by using the extension manager to fetch it automatically?
I use Typo3 Vers. 6.2.9. If I remember it right, first I installed the ext. by downloading it from the TER. However, now I uninstalled it and installed it again by fetching it from the ext-manager. It didn´t help. Shall I try it again via TER?

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 11 Mar 2015, 10:49

Tomas wrote: I use Typo3 Vers. 6.2.9. If I remember it right, first I installed the ext. by downloading it from the TER. However, now I uninstalled it and installed it again by fetching it from the ext-manager. It didn´t help. Shall I try it again via TER?
The extension manager doesn't behave the same way when uploading extensions instead of installing them via the "Get extensions" feature. There are some known bugs, e.g. no hint for missing extensions in some cases, no notification for the extension that it is installed to perform further actions, etc.

The best and easiest way is to install the distribution via "Get preconfigured distribution". This way you will get a fully working shop instance including the preconfigured page tree and none of the bugs mentioned above apply.

Tomas

Post by Tomas » 11 Mar 2015, 13:08

Aimeos wrote
The best and easiest way is to install the distribution via "Get preconfigured distribution". This way you will get a fully working shop instance including the preconfigured page tree and none of the bugs mentioned above apply.
Sorry, it doesn´t work at all!
As a first step I deactivated and uninstalled the dist only. Then I tried the preconf dist: no pagetree appeared.
Then I deactivated and uninstalled the shopware and the dist. Then I installed the preconf. dist again:
no result in the pagetree, too. Only in the left column "Aimeos Shop" is shown.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 11 Mar 2015, 13:53

Tomas wrote: As a first step I deactivated and uninstalled the dist only. Then I tried the preconf dist: no pagetree appeared.
Then I deactivated and uninstalled the shopware and the dist. Then I installed the preconf. dist again:
no result in the pagetree, too. Only in the left column "Aimeos Shop" is shown.
I did some tests to see what happens: When you install the distribution in an existing TYPO3 installation and click on "Web -> Page" in the left menu, the page tree isn't updated automatically and appears to be empty or the same as before. As soon as you click on the "Reload" button top right over the page tree, the newly imported pages are displayed. Seems to be that this is a bug (or a missing feature) in TYPO3 to reload the page tree from the server after importing pages from a distribution.

Thereby, you also have two page trees after you've imported the .t3d file (the former invisible from the distribution and the new from the .t3d file). Can you confirm that?

Tomas

Post by Tomas » 11 Mar 2015, 14:01

aimeos wrote:
As soon as you click on the "Reload" button top right over the page tree, the newly imported pages are displayed. Seems to be that this is a bug (or a missing feature) in TYPO3 to reload the page tree from the server after importing pages from a distribution.
Sorry, I cannot confirm: Just before, I always pushed the Reload-Button without any result. Additionaly, starting the backend again had no effect, too.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 11 Mar 2015, 16:17

Tomas wrote: Sorry, I cannot confirm: Just before, I always pushed the Reload-Button without any result. Additionaly, starting the backend again had no effect, too.
OK, now it's really strange! I've used the same TYPO3 version like you.

Nevertheless, to get a working installation, you should cleanup your installation, install the Aimeos TYPO3 extension (keep in mind that static_info_tables and bootstrap_package must be installed too) and import the .t3d file version 2.1. The pages should then be visible in the page tree only once and the basic functionality should work afterwards. Please check if the Aimeos TypoScript files are included in your root page configuration. At last, you need to adapt two TypoScript settings to get all features but first I would like to ensure that the basics are working.

Maybe it's also a problem that you might have two root pages afterwards if there's already an existing one. Could you try to move the shop page tree into your existing page tree if there are still problems?