Introduce different suggestion types

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
boettner
Advanced

Introduce different suggestion types

Post by boettner » 29 Jul 2015, 16:58

Hi everybody,

I need to distinguish produc accessories. As far as I can see accessories (suggestions) can be related to products. I need to distinguish between necessary and optional accessories. Can this be done?

Cheers
Robert.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Introduce different suggestion types

Post by aimeos » 29 Jul 2015, 20:32

boettner wrote: I need to distinguish produc accessories. As far as I can see accessories (suggestions) can be related to products. I need to distinguish between necessary and optional accessories. Can this be done?
Depends a bit what you exactly need. If there are optional products that makes sense to buy them together, than the suggestions are the right place. If the products are more or less part of the product but you can only choose between two or three variations, then a product variant or a product attribute would fit best.

boettner
Advanced

Post by boettner » 30 Jul 2015, 06:57

So ok that looks like there´s no easy way to have different suggestion types. I will suggest the customer to build bundles or variants of products that need to be sold together anyway.

Thanks for taking care.
Robert.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 30 Jul 2015, 10:26

boettner wrote:So ok that looks like there´s no easy way to have different suggestion types. I will suggest the customer to build bundles or variants of products that need to be sold together anyway.
Well, in fact there are already different suggestions types (suggestions and bought together products). You could add another subpart for a new suggestion type without problems if you only need to display these two groups of products separately.