Price per country?

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
andreas.allacher

Price per country?

Post by andreas.allacher » 19 Aug 2016, 19:44

Is it possible to configure prices per delivery / billing country?
If so, how would one do this?

I guess I would need to create a price type and a corresponding decorator?
Though I am not sure which decorator I would need.

nos3

Re: Price per country?

Post by nos3 » 20 Aug 2016, 11:05

Do you mean shipping/payment costs? In this case you can use the "Country" service provider decorator to show or hide delivery/payment options with different prices depending on the country the customer has chosen in the address form.

If you need product prices per country, you should set up a selector for different Aimeos sites (or automatically assign it based on the domain). We also offer an extension that allows you to manage the base product data only once and add specific prices (or other items) per site.

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 20 Aug 2016, 11:21

I mean the product costs. So I bascially would have to setup two stores in the aimeos backend.
Is there a way to automatically switch the store depending on the user's country data --> not domain.

I guess it is possible be creating a decorator or similar? If so, how would I do so?
However, the problem is the user would loose data in the basket in that case.

Would it be possible by creating a basket plugin or by adding a different usergroup to the account and use the "customer groups extension"?

nos3

Post by nos3 » 21 Aug 2016, 16:32

andreas.allacher wrote:I mean the product costs. So I bascially would have to setup two stores in the aimeos backend.
Is there a way to automatically switch the store depending on the user's country data --> not domain.
I guess it is possible be creating a decorator or similar? If so, how would I do so?
It would be one store with two sites but there must be a way to switch between these sites. Switching between sites is something that have to be done in the host application (TYPO3 in your case) by setting the "plugin.tx_aimeos.settings.mshop.locale.site" configuration:
https://aimeos.org/docs/TYPO3/Configure_multiple_shops
andreas.allacher wrote:However, the problem is the user would loose data in the basket in that case.
If you choose to have two sites, the basket content is automatically migrated when switching the site.
andreas.allacher wrote:Would it be possible by creating a basket plugin or by adding a different usergroup to the account and use the "customer groups extension"?
If your shop is only available after login, you can also use the customer group extension to display different prices for customers from different countries.

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 21 Aug 2016, 18:41

So one solution would be to switch the the store upon the checkout process, e.g. have two buttons one checkout EU and checkout other country, where I would only provide the corresponding countries per checkout button.

Regarding the group extension:
I also want the checkout available for non registered users, however there it is enough if the information is modified on the summary page of the ceckout, otherwise the group extension would be enough (especially for returning customers).
Another solution would be to base my extension on the customer extension regarding the price and check if there is a basket with a billing or delivery address or user account, but that is probably unnecessary complex for what I want to accomplish.

So I guess a decorator that works on the basket in addition to the groups extension would be enough?
Or do I need a different decorator for the summary page?

I only have to ensure that a corresponding customer automatically gets added the corresponding group but that shouldn't be too complex to accomplish either. Probably a custom decorator that adds the group where the default group is added.

nos3

Post by nos3 » 22 Aug 2016, 08:45

What do you want to achieve? It's easier to offer the best solution if I know the requirements :-)

From what I've read up to now:
- Everybody should be able to buy
- An user account is not required
- You want to ship to different countries
- Product prices are different depending on the country
- Logged in users get special prices
- Shipping price is different for each country

What other requirements do you have?

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 22 Aug 2016, 09:11

OK. Let's go through everything I have :)
I copied your list and added explanations or clarification there and also added my own points:
  1. Everybody should be able to buy:
    Well only countries in the EU but otherwise yes, a user account is not required.
  2. An user account is not required
    yes.
    A nice feature would be to optionally create a user account but I can also live with it being always created or never created (have to check regarding law here though).
  3. You want to ship to different countries
    yes, though only in the EU --> so I also need to limit the country list but I think that is relatively simple to achieve?
  4. Product prices are different depending on the country
    actually it is only the home country or rest of EU that differs because the EU prices should always be shown first.
    However, as mentioned for not logged in users it is enough to show the correct prices on the summary page.
    Logged in users should always be shown the correct prices --> should be solvable by ai-customergroups extension?
    In that case, however, the user needs to automatically get additional user group(s) added depending on the country --> I guess this is possible by adding a client/html/checkout/standard/order/account decorator?
  5. Logged in users get special prices:
    currently yes, for some and for the country differences --> should be solvable by ai-customergroups extension?
  6. Shipping price is different for each country:
    actually it is none for most but some countries are too expensive to ship without shipping price, this is where I then require own shipping prices --> should be possible by using Country decorator in combination with various shipping prices?
  7. Shipping prices should automatically increase with quantity, we are sending bottles of wine (also the reason why only EU because of export of alcohol) and due to it being bottles they have to be specially packaged, which basically increases the shipping price per bottle --> maybe solvable by a basket decorator?
  8. Discounts for certain users in percentage, enough here to be shown on checkout --> should be solvable by a basket decorator?
  9. Basket is only allowed to be submitted to checkout for certain values, due to it being bottles it has to be an increment of 6 for sending. Otherwise we require a minimum of 12 bottles --> probably a basket decorator?
  10. certain logged in users are allowed to pay via invoice --> PostPay and ai-customergroups Extension?
  11. only logged in users should get the discount or their own prices, even if the e-mail address corresponds to an existing customer, after all a user shouldn't be able to use another ones e-mail address to get reduced prices. However, having the data automatically connected to the e-mail address is a good feature but I guess that is the default behaviour when using the ai-customergroups extension?
  12. user data update after login:
    From what I understand it can be automatically updated during checkout by modifying the billing data?
    It is, from what I saw, however also possible to add a new billing address that doesn't modify the customer data.
    If so, does that include the e-mail address?
I think that's it. At least I hope I haven't forgotten something.

nos3

Post by nos3 » 22 Aug 2016, 09:39

andreas.allacher wrote: [*] You want to ship to different countries
yes, though only in the EU --> so I also need to limit the country list but I think that is relatively simple to achieve?
https://aimeos.org/docs/TYPO3/Configure ... ons_states
andreas.allacher wrote: [*] Product prices are different depending on the country
actually it is only the home country or rest of EU that differs because the EU prices should always be shown first.
However, as mentioned for not logged in users it is enough to show the correct prices on the summary page.
Logged in users should always be shown the correct prices --> should be solvable by ai-customergroups extension?
In that case, however, the user needs to automatically get additional user group(s) added depending on the country --> I guess this is possible by adding a client/html/checkout/standard/order/account decorator?
Add a customer group to your home prices, so they will only be shown for logged in users. For not logged in users of your home country, you have to care yourself so they will see the correct price at the end.
andreas.allacher wrote: [*] Logged in users get special prices:
currently yes, for some and for the country differences --> should be solvable by ai-customergroups extension?
Yes
andreas.allacher wrote: [*] Shipping price is different for each country:
actually it is none for most but some countries are too expensive to ship without shipping price, this is where I then require own shipping prices --> should be possible by using Country decorator in combination with various shipping prices?
Yes
andreas.allacher wrote: [*] Shipping prices should automatically increase with quantity, we are sending bottles of wine (also the reason why only EU because of export of alcohol) and due to it being bottles they have to be specially packaged, which basically increases the shipping price per bottle --> maybe solvable by a basket decorator?
Yes
andreas.allacher wrote: [*] Discounts for certain users in percentage, enough here to be shown on checkout --> should be solvable by a basket decorator?
Yes
andreas.allacher wrote: [*] Basket is only allowed to be submitted to checkout for certain values, due to it being bottles it has to be an increment of 6 for sending. Otherwise we require a minimum of 12 bottles --> probably a basket decorator?
Yes
andreas.allacher wrote: [*] certain logged in users are allowed to pay via invoice --> PostPay and ai-customergroups Extension?
Yes
andreas.allacher wrote: [*] only logged in users should get the discount or their own prices, even if the e-mail address corresponds to an existing customer, after all a user shouldn't be able to use another ones e-mail address to get reduced prices. However, having the data automatically connected to the e-mail address is a good feature but I guess that is the default behaviour when using the ai-customergroups extension?
It's the default behavior regardless of the customer group extension. If they don't enter their own e-mail address but that of another person, their order will be associated the the existing account and they won't get an confirmation e-mail. Nothing more happens.
andreas.allacher wrote: [*] user data update after login:
From what I understand it can be automatically updated during checkout by modifying the billing data?
It is, from what I saw, however also possible to add a new billing address that doesn't modify the customer data.
If so, does that include the e-mail address?[/list]
First question: Yes
Second one: Only if the customer is not logged in. If he is, the billing address of his account will be updated.

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 22 Aug 2016, 09:49

Great, so most of it should be rather simple to implement with the help of the ai-customergroups extension:

Except this might be a bit more complex:
nos3 wrote: Add a customer group to your home prices, so they will only be shown for logged in users. For not logged in users of your home country, you have to care yourself so they will see the correct price at the end.
However, it should still be possible to solve this be adding corresponding decorators, shouldn't it?

andreas.allacher

Post by andreas.allacher » 22 Aug 2016, 19:03

I forgot two questions which are related:
1. )Is it possible to automatically send e-mails without the scheduler?
2.) Can one set the scheduler to "timeout" if there are a lot of mails to send? Probably never the case but if it ever is, then it could be that the server denies the mail send due to suspected attacks...